For anyone thinking of getting an ipod connection (my experience)

paul_r

Reaction score
Today i had the new ipod nano 6th generation fitted. Yes the new touchscreen, really small one.

Connection kit by ICD. Cost £180 fitted by Audioisland Grimsby.

How it works.

1. It charges the Nano
2. It doesn't freeze the nano so you can take it out the glovebox and choose an album.
3. It turns on and off as you turn the car on and off
4. The CD volume knob can be used to turn it off and adjust the volume
5. You can skip tracks and fast forward using the cd buttons.
6. The 6 cd buttons can be used to set up playlists. I'm not into playlists so cant comment on how it works.

Any questions just ask. Overall, it seems to work really well.

audinano.jpg

The dension kit i fitted to mine a month ago does the exact same thing. The kit is £140 and took 30mins to fit.

The dension kit i fitted to mine a month ago does the exact same thing. The kit is £140 and took 30mins to fit.

Do you select the albums directly off the ipod. You could probably do it from the headunit using the cd plus and minus, but what a ball ache if you have 200 albums.

No, access to the iPod is taken away once it's connected to the car. Album selection is made through the headunit or the buttons on the steering wheel.

Yes, its was standard in the 2005 models. Its part of the Symphony 2.

Its a very strange one that, never really understood that around 7-8 years after pretty much everyone dumped their cassettes that Audi felt the need to add one!

I have a denison one in mine but it doesnt wok with my new iphone so its useless now!

Mine works with my iPhone 4........

Also displays track info on the dis.

Mine works with my iPhone 4........

Also displays track info on the dis.

Track info as in song title, or just running time and track number.

DIS, what does that stand for, is it the display on the head unit. What is the display next to the speedo called.

Last edited:
Dis is the centre display next to the speedo. Track names get displayed here along with menu to go through the albums, tracklist etc as well.