Audi A3 Engine codes? BGU BSE?

A3matt

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the difference between a BGU and a BSE engine? (1.6 petrol)

Googled failed so any help would be great!

All I can gather is Audi changed the engine in the sportback model mid-2005, but I can't find out what they actually changed on the engine.

Thanks matt.

Why do you need to know ?

Do you need a part or is it just for general info. ?

Currently i'm repairing an accident damaged Audi A3 2006 1.6 petrol, needing most parts around the engine it will work out cheaper to buy a second engine and mix and match. Plus I will sell off the unused parts (block etc) afterwards. I have found a cheap BGU engine but the engine code on the one i'm repairing is BSE. Due to only needing certain parts I feel this engine may be satisfactory for my needs, however I want confirmation.

Currently i'm repairing an accident damaged Audi A3 2006 1.6 petrol, needing most parts around the engine it will work out cheaper to buy a second engine and mix and match. Plus I will sell off the unused parts (block etc) afterwards. I have found a cheap BGU engine but the engine code on the one i'm repairing is BSE. Due to only needing certain parts I feel this engine may be satisfactory for my needs, however I want confirmation.

Sorry mate - I think you need to be asking Audi that question !

I will be delighted to help with specific questions re parts but to just ask if one engine code has the same bits as another is virtually impossible to answer !. Unless you are Audi of course !

Sorry mate - I think you need to be asking Audi that question !

I will be delighted to help with specific questions re parts but to just ask if one engine code has the same bits as another is virtually impossible to answer !. Unless you are Audi of course !

Well, do you know if all sportback models/years had the oil level sensor in the sump? thanks.

According to ETKA both those engine codes had the oil level sensor in the sump. And it was the same sensor.

£70 odd if you need one from Audi !