Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Lukey.T

Status

8P1 Facelift Grill Look.. Yay or Nay

Before i can get around to splashing out Ł200+ for a facelift bumper, bonnet ect i was having a play on Photoshop and came up with this..
    I can get some cheap vinyl wrap and do this for under Ł20, i cant decide if i like the black look tho, it definitely blends the two grills together.

what do you think.. Yay or Nay?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I've got all the bits to do mine like this as soon as the weather warms up

1st Gear

Status
    I have to say Nay, i'm not a fan of the black outer edge with the black centre

I will be doing mine, but mine is Lava grey, almost a black, so will be using carbon fibre vinyl for the centre, and I have the 10mm Chrome strip to join the 2 grills up (I'm keeping the grills Chrome), here a few pics of the Carbon stuff, I wrapped the door trim earlier in it.

Like this

Last edited by evilbane; 22nd January 2011 at 16:52.

Lukey.T

Status
    Yeh i'm really indecisive about it. it does seem a shame to loose the chrome, its the Audi bling but the pictures 'munchkincoupe' posted on: 8P1 GRILL have inspired me haha.

i like carbon effect you've got going on, i think that will look decent & its good to see something different.
    Good luck post some pics up when your done!

6th Gear

Status
    Have to say nay. Never been a fan of that mod. Before I did the 8P2 converison on my 8P1 I just sprayed the two chrome grilles a dark grey. Didn't last long, I'd just save and do the single grille converison.
    Looks better and worth it in the long run
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

1st Gear

Status
    I agree the real thing looks much better, but this is a nice looking cheap stop gap in-between saving the cash and finding the parts needed.

6th Gear

Status
    as a stopgap mod i'd go for it, but ultimately try and go for an 8P2 front end
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

events moderator

Status
    well ive decided against the full frame grill as i prob wont be having the car for more than two years more as the finance will be payed off and i cant wait to get rid of it and get a bigger engine model so im doing a nice little mod till i get rid of it but im doing it in real carbon fibre not the vinyl but the vinyl will look good till you can get the full frame grill bumper go for it
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fnmrst View Post
    well ive decided against the full frame grill as i prob wont be having the car for more than two years more as the finance will be payed off and i cant wait to get rid of it and get a bigger engine model so im doing a nice little mod till i get rid of it but im doing it in real carbon fibre not the vinyl but the vinyl will look good till you can get the full frame grill bumper go for it
    you might as well go for the big grille man. you'll make the money back come resale time
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

events moderator

Status
    its all about money tho i dont want to be spending stupid amounts on it anymore lol if i can find some parts on ebay then yeah will go for it otherwise im not going to too expensive to do with new parts

6th Gear

Status
    fair enough, i completely agree...

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

events moderator

Status
    its money i could be putting away for a new car lol

JNP
    1st Gear

Status
    I have to admit I actually quite like the split grill on my 8P1... it seems to be becoming more and more unique!

Obviously the facelift looks great but there is definately something retro about it!

I'll get my coat....
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JNP View Post
    I have to admit I actually quite like the split grill on my 8P1... it seems to be becoming more and more unique!

Obviously the facelift looks great but there is definately something retro about it!

I'll get my coat....
    lol i owned an 8P1 when the 8P2 was first released and at the time i thought the 8P1 looked MILES better... but as time has gone on, i think it's become outdated. my car was black so it wasn't massively noticable - but on some cars i don't think it looks very good

no offence intended to those with 8P1s, ofc

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

6th Gear

Status
    its all about money tho i dont want to be spending stupid amounts on it anymore lol if i can find some parts on ebay then yeah will go for it otherwise im not going to too expensive to do with new parts
    Get this maybe black grille and add votex front splitter to go with the rear get a bonnet new or keep an eye out on ebay No excuse then haha
    AUDI A3 FRONT BUMPER AND GRILL on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 10:45:13 GMT)

edit: even spray the grille black, new bonnet (same place i got mine) AUDI A3 2005- Bonnet on eBay (end time 19-Feb-11 16:27:45 GMT)
    My mate does the spraying for the bonne and bumpert sorted haha. Cheap facelift lol
    Last edited by Ash B; 22nd January 2011 at 23:19.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by evilbane View Post
    I have to say Nay, i'm not a fan of the black outer edge with the black centre

I will be doing mine, but mine is Lava grey, almost a black, so will be using carbon fibre vinyl for the centre, and I have the 10mm Chrome strip to join the 2 grills up (I'm keeping the grills Chrome), here a few pics of the Carbon stuff, I wrapped the door trim earlier in it.

Like this

Ah thats my car lol I did this as a stop gap mod until I got around to doing the new front end. I didnt use vinyl, I painted it and it looked good and lasted well. Never chipped. Was a cheap mod so didnt deplete the funds.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Get this maybe black grille and add votex front splitter to go with the rear get a bonnet new or keep an eye out on ebay No excuse then haha
    AUDI A3 FRONT BUMPER AND GRILL on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 10:45:13 GMT)

edit: even spray the grille black, new bonnet (same place i got mine) AUDI A3 2005- Bonnet on eBay (end time 19-Feb-11 16:27:45 GMT)
    My mate does the spraying for the bonne and bumpert sorted haha. Cheap facelift lol
    that is a cheapo facelift ash the bumper i could spray myself but the bonnet would have to be prof painted , i know what your saying tho votex front and rear maybe even do the grill in carbon to satify my carbon needs eh lol

6th Gear

Status
    that is a cheapo facelift ash the bumper i could spray myself but the bonnet would have to be prof painted , i know what your saying tho votex front and rear maybe even do the grill in carbon to satify my carbon needs eh lol
    Lol do it! My mate can spray your bonnet sorted! Ha... I need to have my rear bumper and alloys done before march lol

events moderator

Status
    can you ask your mate how much to do my bonnet pls mate

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

4th Gear

Status
    my front end was relatively cheap and im changing it again.... s3 front time..... so my sline front is going to someone else on here...... i put alot of work into mine as people will agree...... But the big grill is in a league of its own mate.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

6th Gear

Status
    can you ask your mate how much to do my bonnet pls mate
    I'll give him a call today, but here is his work number 02920 491234 his name Scott.
    If you call him just say i told you to call him i'll probably see him todat so will drop you a text if i do

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Russo2k5 View Post
    my front end was relatively cheap and im changing it again.... s3 front time..... so my sline front is going to someone else on here...... i put alot of work into mine as people will agree...... But the big grill is in a league of its own mate.
    this is true mate ive made my mind up now lol im going to do the facelift i cant wait to get it done

6th Gear

Status

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: