Help with radiator fans please urgent.

DSG TDI

Reaction score
ok so my little radiator fan was on all the time so yesterday we replaced the whole fan unit. We let the car warm up to 90 degrees (normal running temperature) and neither fans came on. I took it for a drive down the motorway to warm it up abit got back and neither fans came on but the temperature did not rise above 90 degrees. So i put the aircon on and again neither fans came on so i dont know whats going on.

When do other peoples fans come on ect any help would be great.

and the problem was.......
Its nice to know in case anyone else has the same ...

sorry yes i thought we had fitted a faulty unit but i put the aircon on low temp and left it on for about a minuite and both fans came on so i know the fans are now working.

According to another fourm both fans should be on either with the aircon on or when the coolant temp reaches 95 degrees.

So my problem was faulty fans which i am told is a common problem, we replaced the fans and problem sorted parts were £240 and took about half hour - an hour to fit its not even that hard 4 torque bolts and one connecter job done. The new fans have changed design aswell, they look the same but apparently they shouldent break again. Hope this may help a few people out.

Was just wondering where you bought the fans as i need the smaller one and was quoted silly money by audi

have u checked the fuse at the main box after the battery before replacing the fans?