H&R ride quality?

rOb_A

Reaction score
thinking of lowering my SB s-line. how much difference will the H&R spring differ against standard s-line springs?? also what do you guys normally drop the car by 35,40 or 50mm?

thanks

will it be a much harsh/harder ride? don't want to be shaken to bits but like the look of being lower

It's a slightly better ride IMHO.
I've used H&R springs on both of my Sportbacks and wouldn't really consider any alternative if going the springs only route.
I think the springs drop the ride height by 30mm on the S-lines, this is how mine looks

DSC00454.jpg

And before

ABCD0020.jpg

nice looking motor there mate looks awesome on those bbs ck's i want those wheels but cant afford them yet

yep 3.2 Ju the car looks good :yum: is the car softer in the straight and stiffer when taking bends using the H&R's?

best place to buy? anyone selling on here? (have looked in classifieds)

The ride can be bouncy and a bit choppy on rough roads, on smooth tarmac and motorway its fine

I bought mine from HERE
As for the ride, it just feels a little more progressive and compliant. If you want a sportier ride then I would say uprate the arb's and maybe go coilovers

I bought mine from HERE
As for the ride, it just feels a little more progressive and compliant. If you want a sportier ride then I would say uprate the arb's and maybe go coilovers

thats a very serious upgrade compared to just springs! and at about 5-8x the cost depending what you go for you have to be serious about driving fast and on a stock powered car perhaps a little overkill?

The H&R springs seem to work very well with the standard shocks and as Nate says give a better ride quality as well.

Give me a shout if you need a price or any info.

Damian @ DPM Performance

i have H&R's on my S3 and can confirm everything being said here is true... If your looking for a relatively cheap fix to handling, looks, ride height etc these are the right choice. obviously coilovers are the best option but i would only go with a premium brand coilover which your looking at £900 upwards + fitting so a rather expensive ordeal...

dont forget you will need to go for some laser alignment after fitting too.. :thumbsup: so add that into the costing....

it all also depends on your plans for the car, if your going for the cosmetic route again the cost of coilovers may again be a little excessive, at a cost of around £1200-£1600 for the better lines fitted, where as a set of H&R's around the £400-£450 mark
as brough74 said if your on an open road they can get a little bumpy when pushing on, but not so bad i have found that it upsets the handling, it still feels very planted, the other option of course is to go for matched springs and dampers, which if memory serves me correct is still fairly expensive, but not quite as bad as coilovers, that way you get the desired drop and improved handling as well but had a chat with Damian, he will no doubt point you in the right direction with either option

Thumbs up here for H&Rs (on an S3).
Would fit these again if I went for another S3.

Ideally try a car out first, which was what I was fortunate to do.

Cheers
Paul