Volks AutosEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

2004 8p headlight adjuster toggle does nothing??

Are they controlled by fuses? I cannot adjust the headlight levels moving the spin toggle does nothing . Note my car isn't auto levelling model or anything just standard sport
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Anyone know the relative fuse numbers? Not listed on the plastic flap on my car so I'm a bit lost
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

Fossie

Status
    Fuses are listed in the user manual.

Sportback owner

Status
    Russo, according to my Haynes manual, it is fuse 'FC5' which controls the headlight leveling. This fuse is located in the internal (passenger-side) fuse-box, and is 5 amps capacity. Hope this helps. Cheers, Geraldy212
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks mate I take it the internal one is under the bonnet? Will check now
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

4th Gear

Status
    Ok had a look there was no fc5 f5 was closest but was 30amp fuse in there checked all other 5s present and was intact. Bit confused now but will have a peek in my manual
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

4th Gear

Status
    Checked my manual and headlight range level is f38 10 amp red fuse. Checked it and it was fine. What else could be a problem?
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Fossie

Status
    Must be different between 2004 and 2006

My headlight range control fuse is number 5 in the fusebox to the right of the steering wheel RHD model (in the box behind the end dash panel) and is 10 amp

4th Gear

Status
    Mike is this for manual adjustment? Not auto levelling model? For toggle switch next to dash illumination adjuster?
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Fossie

Status
    Yes - description in the book says - Fuse 5-Automatic headlight range control, AFS control unit (advanced front lighting system)/manual headlight range control 5/10 amps.

Therefore I can assume that the manual adjustment is 10 amps.

4th Gear

Status
    Just checked the driver side fuse box and number 5 was empty although behind the cover it says brake clutch switch. So I take it that it has changed. Mines a 53 plate
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Fossie

Status
    Ok - so if your fuse is ok then you need to get a diagnostic scan to find the problem.

There will be an error message that will point towards the problem. If you clear the error message and try the range control again if it doesn't work then another error message will appear.

Then we go from there.

4th Gear

Status

F38 looks most likely but seems fine
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

4th Gear

Status
    How much and where is the best place to get vcds?
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Fossie

Status
    Agreed - F38 is the fuse. Totally different from my set up.

So you need a scan.

Fossie

Status
    Check out this list and see if anyone near to you. Otherwise you could always buy from NHN (member on this forum). About 240 I think.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/vcds-fo...%2A%2A%2A.html

4th Gear

Status
    Well i was in the process of buying a lead off NHN and was quoted 249, would be better to pm him though

Fossie

Status
    It was only a guess but not far out eh ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Could even be the switch itself, ideally you need vcds to see if it has a measuring block to ascertain if its seeing the switch adjustments being made, this is one option.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    thats what i was thinking mate. Unfortunately i dont have the funds to get vcds atm. and the one person near me on the list that does never replied
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Strange as you have money to buy whats in your sig :P

events moderator

Status
    hi soz for the thread hi-jack but on mine above the toggle switch the thing that usually lights up (headlight symbol) has stopped working it was flickering on and off for a while now its stopped working all together is it time for a new switch anybody got any ideas soz again russo2k5
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

4th Gear

Status
    no problem mate. thats fine. and LOL yeah NHN its more of a wish list its because im saving for a holiday with the GF shes the boss.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Russo2k5 View Post
    no problem mate. thats fine. and LOL yeah NHN its more of a wish list its because im saving for a holiday with the GF shes the boss.
    my wish list is alot bigger than that haha there are many many things on mine most of which i cant afford yet lol

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I would pull the switch out & check for any loose wires 1st.

6th Gear

Status
    the reostats sometimes go. I will have a spare headlight switch after i've fitted my xenons. Its basic one with headlight adjuster, side/dipped, front & back fogs.

New one hasn't got aim adjuster as its for xenons.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

events moderator

Status
    i had the pannel off while i was fitting my footwell lights but plugged the wire back in firmly i might take it back off 2morow and see if i can see if there is anything obvious