JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    Vex
    Neutral

Status

Rear parking sensor help

hi all, I have a little problem a few weeks ago my parking sensors failed to work, first I thought it was because of the winter and ice on them, but it wasn't, the left one sensors is dead, so I ordered a new one and replaced it, but still the car sends a error, does anybody know what's the problem? thanks
    A3 Cabrio 2.0TFSI S-Tronic, metallic black, 18" BBS Calito's, Xenon's, black nappa leather, acustic roof, RNS-E, auto lights and rain sensor wipers, rear parking sensors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Hi, my friend Khufu has parking sensors fitted to his Audi A3, you could try asking him, he will most likely be able to help you out. He is on here most days, but if not im sure someone else will be along to help.

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Have you cleaned the connections? Try doing a VCDS scan or finding someone who can if you dont have one. If not NHN or as said Khufu will be able to offer advice.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The infamous Sandra.

Yes get it on vcds scan & should advise of issues, usually its a sensor or loom come loose or corroded given location, although could be a module fault, not really major, but if its under warranty then take to dealer.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    Turn the key so the car is on, put it into reverse and go around with your ear to each sensor, you'll hear a ticking (electric) noise from each sensor. If a sensor is not working properly it will sound different/not as loud as the working sensors.
    You can also switch the sensor which is not sounding right with one that is to make sure that its not the wiring, if it still sounds different plugged into another working connection then its the sensor.

Also scanning with VCDS will tell you which one is not working.

I had the same problem, initially thought it was one sensor that was not working, then found out it was two. Also have a look on ebay.de for sensors if you cant find any on the UK one, also a bit cheaper.

6th Gear

Status
    Did you use a diagnostic lead to detect which sensor it was? Funnily mine has just packed in too. VCDS saying its right rear & I've found place from german ebay that sells them & supposidly in my colour too LOL. I might change 2 around to see if error moves incase its not the sensor but a wiring issue.

Can you test a sensor with a multimeter?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    The infamous Sandra.

Yes get it on vcds scan & should advise of issues, usually its a sensor or loom come loose or corroded given location, although could be a module fault, not really major, but if its under warranty then take to dealer.
    Sandra is my weekend name really LOL

Status
    Hey, I dont like the infamous Sandra remark, lol. Ew only worthy peeps get to call them selves Sandra, even at the weekend. Was just trying to help the guy out with the most knowledgable help.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I thought Sandra was only on a thursday & sarah fridays :P

Dont worry girl we arent knocking yer (yet), just playful.

Vex
    Neutral

Status
    Well I went to Audi's the other day and the real reason was the processro for the parking sensors, so today they replaced it with a new one, and also the parking sensor was at low frequency so they changed that to, thanks for your help :D
    A3 Cabrio 2.0TFSI S-Tronic, metallic black, 18" BBS Calito's, Xenon's, black nappa leather, acustic roof, RNS-E, auto lights and rain sensor wipers, rear parking sensors

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Anyone seen my headlight switch anywhere....................................

6th Gear

Status
    eh?

Well, my replacement sensor arrived from Germany today, plugged in & all sorted. The best bit, same colour as car :-)

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Vex & his headlights

Vex
    Neutral

Status
    hahahahaha I ordered a new one :P

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is it possible to replace the sensor without removing the rear bumper? You made it sound as if it was a quick job to replace.

Thanks.

L.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep very easy, its clipped on from two sides. Stick your hand underneath and find the sensor, push the clips off and push the sensor out then unclip from wiring.

6th Gear

Status
    The two outer ones look easier to remove than the inner two though I never actually tried.

Vex
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    The two outer ones look easier to remove than the inner two though I never actually tried.
    yes the outer ones you can replace without removing the bumper, but for the innr ones you have to remove the bumper and the tail lights like they did on mine because it's a cabrio...