Rear floor mats standard?

• Thread starter imported_mwilliamson88
  • Start date
I

imported_mwilliamson88

A few days after picking up my new Audi I noticed it didnt have rear floor mats?
Went back to the dealer and he said they're not standard with the car.
Out of the goodness of his heart (oh puh-lease, just spent 25k on a new car and i dont get rear floor mats!!) he took a couple out of another showroom car and gave them to me for free. Has anyone noticed this as an option on a brand new car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think this is one of the oldest tricks in the book by most car dealers, so you have to fork up another £30-40. Also watch out on used cars where they remove both sets of mats so you have to spend another £70-100. And they know you will or they might throw them to sweeten the deal.

It is outrageous.

I had to put them on my order for my Sportback, £30 for the pair.

Problem is you can't really go up to Halfords and buy a pair of rears as they won't match the front mats which you get as standard.

I got front and rear mats with the car. Dunno why if they're an option. Spoke nicely to dealer and he also agreed to chuck in full set of rubber mats as a freebie - when they're in stock.

Having got the dealer to match the broker price on the Sportback (£1900 off as opposed to the £300 the dealer was originally offering!), I think I'd have been pushing it a bit far if I'd have asked for some free mats as well!!! I'd probably have been shown the door!

We've got rear mats in our Sportback which we had to pay for. After a trip to France with the folks they earnt their money, so to speak. They click neatly into the floor and match the carpet, so I reckon it's a worthwhile option.

Just had a look at my Dutch pricelist for the Sportback and it looks like here in Holland both front and rear mats come as standard. I'll know for sure when I pick up my new sportback next Wednesday.