Just sold my old concert 2 headunit on ebay

Reaction score
Hi can I just see what other people think on this, as in the title I just sold my concert headunit on Ebay and the buyer has requested to return it saying it does not work at all although when I removed it it was fully functional.

Does anyone else think the buyer has stuffed the installation up and blown the fuse perhaps.

Sorry for the boring post just want to hear a few peoples opinion on this.

Thanks

what was your returns policy on it? You know it worked so tell him that as well.

Also the problem you have as well is if he paid by paypal he can just put in a claim against you at it usually goes in the buyers favour ( speaking from experience ) and he will get his money back, regardless of what you say or do. Paypal is good sometimes but sucks most of the time.

hes prob gona send you his broke 1 back
did you photo the serial numbers ?
paypal will refund him

did you write down the serial number before you sent it, as he/she may well have swapped it over for their one that was broken?

If you are 100% sure it was working then he is trying to pull a fast one.

I sell a fair amount of parts thru ebay and have had this happen to me plenty of times, funnily enough ALWAYS eastern europeans.

Mark high value items with a security marker, I have for years and have caught a couple of people out.

thats good advice mate ebay is full of dodgy people my mate just bought a iphone 4 for £450 and the seller didnt send it but after 2 weeks without any reply at all he sent a crappy old phone so my mate reported him to ebay luckly he got his money back no probs

@FOX201030, did you record the serial number? :)

@
Cyrix, you're spot on there...ebaY is becoming a crooks paradise! Good advice there, too! Thanks! ;)

What happens if you've withdrawn the funds he paid into your paypal account and then cancel the link between paypal and your bank account??
Can't take the money back then can they??

If you are 100% sure it was working then he is trying to pull a fast one.

I sell a fair amount of parts thru ebay and have had this happen to me plenty of times, funnily enough ALWAYS eastern europeans. QUOTE]

2 people have tried to rip me off on ebay, and yep, you said it.

In my experience I would say his has broke and is trying to scam you. Trouble is now you cant prove it and if he kicks it off with paypal he will get his money back. Paypal always protects the buyer.

I've noticed a lot of parts i buy from ebay now come eith engraved with the sellers name or are security marked, that way if you do reieve a dodgy one back you can easily check if its the one you sent.

good to hear about this, im about to post mine up for sale. will watch out...

same thing happened to my mate last year.... albeit with a JVC headunit.

until reading the replies on this thread i never even thought the buyer could of knackered his own and tried to exchange it.....

Good advice.

This kind of thing happened to me. The buyer kept sending e-mail's and some were abuseve, so I contact ebay customer services and the lady who was incharge of my case sort all out for me. Never again did in hear anything from the buyer again and kept my 100% feedback.

Probably a scam. Who in their right mind would buy a bottom of the line head unit. Are they upgrading from no radio? Likely not. And if theirs goes on the blink, people usually shell out for a higher unit like RNS-E or Symphony II+

Bit off subject. But what are those symphony2 units worth as I want a rnse.

And to the op..try say to buyer that you have the serial number etc and have pictures so they best send you correct one back.

Hi all just an update I have received the radio back today and It is indeed the one I sent (checked serial number), however the tiny 10 amp fuse on the unit has blown so maybe he installed it wrong. Any thoughts...

change fuse try it see if it works
then relist showing working

And to the op..try say to buyer that you have the serial number etc and have pictures so they best send you correct one back.

it's worth what someone will pay for it - most ppl won't pay very much tho. i'm in the same dilemma. i specced Symphony II on my 1.6, but the only reason i was only looking for cars with Symphony II when i got my 2.0T 2nd hand is because it saves me money when swapping over. no cage, no climate etc etc

Hi all the guy who sent the radio back says his car is an A3 2004 model, correct me if im wrong this means he needs a Quadlock adaptor as the connection is different on a car of this age.

He said he didnt need anything to connect it to his car.

Not very much, ever since the Symphony II+ came out. Any concert upgrade will likely go up to the II+, if they are going to go through the hassle of single to double cage conversion. And Concert II upgraders would likely opt for the symphony II+ given they both have multi-line display... Or they upgrade straight to the RNS-e.

People likely getting Symphony II would be if theirs blew up and want a cheap fix, or someone who wants to upgrade to an older looking radio....or someone who wants cassette.

Just a quick ques about your concert is that single din??? Looking for a concert single din to get rid of the tape deck in my chorus.......would be defo interested if it was.....