The amazing spoiler thread

heeman10

Audi driver since Dec 08
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm in the same boat as a few others at the moment, shopping for a spoiler. There are plenty of threads on here on the subject, but very few pictures to help us out. So, I thought I'd invite people to post photo's of their spoilers in here, making sure to tell us what spoiler it is, on 3drs and Sportbacks, to help people make the decision.

The age-old question

Anyone wanting a spoiler for their 8P A3 wonders what their options are, and after they've asked everyone on this forum, there are always two emerging options: The S-line/S3 spoiler, or the Votex spoiler. Don't bother with other spoilers, as they will invariably fit badly and/or struggle to hold onto their paint.

Which one for you?

Stoke Audi offer the Votex spoiler, which at this point in time can be bought for £140. It is bonded on with an adhesive, and fits over your standard brake like.

Stoke Audi also offer the S-line spoiler, coming in at £210, plus you need the brake light at £30 if you have a Sportback, plus self-adhesive tape.

So, is the S-line spoiler worth the additional £100+? That is the point of this thread. I hope that people will be kind enough to reply below with photo's of their spoilers to help everyone out from this day forward. The pic of pengjn's Votex spoiler has me worried that it might sit quite proud of the top of the roofline, and I'm really being won over by the smooth and sweeping lines of the S-line spoiler compared to the straight edge look of the Votex. Some shots showing the height step from the roofline back to the top of the spoiler would be helpful!

I'll start things off with a few photo's I've gathered from old threads on here.

Paddy = Votex:

votex1paddy.jpg

Votexpaddy4.jpg

Votexpaddy5.jpg

wilko = Votex:

Votex1wilko.jpg

pengjn = Votex:

IMG_0068.jpg

artistides = S-line:

009np.jpg

006in.jpg

pengjn = S-line:

IMG_0142.jpg

crypric23 = S-line:
BACK_2.jpg

Last edited:
My 3Door Votex Spoiler
DSC03581.jpg

DSC03583-1.jpg

Close up photos - Ignore the fact that the colour is not matching my car as it been wrapped Gloss black:happy:
photo2.jpg

Jame's 3Door Votex Spoiler
DSC03449.jpg

DSC03201.jpg

Audi S3/S-line 3Door Rear Spoiler
untitled.jpg

Shaun's A3 S-line
untitled-2.jpg

Audi S3/A3 S-line Sportback Spoiler
untitled-1.jpg

2391343-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd throw this into the mix aswell.....the Osir spoiler

I know it's not everyones taste because its not OEM, but I do kind of like it seen as its different.

81318079xh9.jpg

osir.jpg

great thread as im going through this debate now. That said i am now 100% going for the s-line after seeing this thread. Re the break light - how come ill need a new 1? what happens to the current 1 i have?

Sline all the way, votex is crap as I had a votex myself accidentally, to square for the 8P, so ofski she came, so got an sline copy of the bay, was absolutely ***** for painting, dont buy from garyf1971 as the materials he uses are shockingly **** & he's a 1st class **** aswell, always buy oem of which I will be doing when back.

Thanks for chucking pictures in guys - I certainly don't have a problem with any other spoilers being thrown into the mix :) I started this thread so it could be used as a useful reference point, and image library, for everyone wanting to know what their options are, hence the title that should come up easily using the Search function.

Of the two I definitely prefer the S-line, but the pics Paddy kindly went out and took specially for me make the Votex look a lot better than I thought it did previously. If I can't get hold of a second hand S-line spoiler in time (bodyshop trip imminently), I might end up going for the Votex. We shall see!

RS3 spoiler!!!

4177-web.jpg

Ok just playing... gotta be that boat one ftw!!! :eyebrows: lol!

S line/S3 spoiler or kill yourself imho! No offense Ash:laugh: although that Jame's car you posted above looks mint! Very sweet tbf. I have the s line best way to get one is to find a S line tailgate/ boot lid on ebay and convince the seller anyone wanting to buy it will already have an S line spoiler on their old damaged one - £60 later your a happy chappy

I have the s line best way to get one is to find a S line tailgate/ boot lid on ebay and convince the seller anyone wanting to buy it will already have an S line spoiler on their old damaged one - £60 later your a happy chappy

HAHA one way and getting one for a decnt price!

Can you buy the S-line spoilers from Audi still and is there an option for them to come pre-painted?

sorry heeman, just read stoke audi still sell them. If they came pre painted does anyone have a quote for the painting/ fitting?

Last edited:
RS3 spoiler!!!

Ok just playing... gotta be that boat one ftw!!! :eyebrows: lol!

S line/S3 spoiler or kill yourself imho! No offense Ash:laugh: although that Jame's car you posted above looks mint! Very sweet tbf. I have the s line best way to get one is to find a S line tailgate/ boot lid on ebay and convince the seller anyone wanting to buy it will already have an S line spoiler on their old damaged one - £60 later your a happy chappy

PR*CK:sly: :noway::gun2::weight_lift2:

:laugh: :moa: haha only joking Rich, yeah James car is sweet cant wait till he finished her. If im honest i only went for the votex one as i didnt want to spend the extra on an S-line/S3 one. And i gave up on ebay lol
Plus only people like us will notice the difference :happy:

Can you buy the S-line spoilers from Audi still and is there an option for them to come pre-painted?

sorry heeman, just read stoke audi still sell them. If they came pre painted does anyone have a quote for the painting/ fitting?

Stoke audi offer painting services but i dont think other main dealers do. Pm Dave and he will sort you out.

Last edited:

I asked stoke audi how much extra to supply an s-line spoiler pre-painted. They quoted £150. So add that to the cost of the spoiler and you're looking at £360 in total. Not cheap.

all about the Audi one, no offense i think the Votex stands out a bit... whereas Oem runs the sames lines as roof if you get me?

Why do I always get called Shaun :(

Ben: On the KK meet you owe me a dreamcake now (6) haha

Nath: Pretty much gave up, loads of offers but nothing interesting enough to get rid.

Looks that way mate, got few ideas in the pipeline. Some I may be asking your thoughts on

Ben: On the KK meet you owe me a dreamcake now (6) haha

Nath: Pretty much gave up, loads of offers but nothing interesting enough to get rid.

Shane i'll get you two to apologise lol:happy: i'll message you my number on facebook anyway so you cna let me know closer to the date if your working

Haha good man, Yeah drop me a message, you bringing your misses?

I have the Caractere roof spoiler
For sportback it comes with new led taillight.
Good quality and perfect fit but a little bit pricey
Photo019.jpg

More info's and pics here Caractere

I asked stoke audi how much extra to supply an s-line spoiler pre-painted. They quoted £150. So add that to the cost of the spoiler and you're looking at £360 in total. Not cheap.

So the other option would be to buy the spoiler + paint and get a local place to spray it and fit it? Any idea of the costs in comparison?

I HAVE THE POWER.

Snapped up an S-line spoiler (without brake light, which is £35 from Stoke Audi) off eBay - £40 inc p&p :rock:

As I said search out the tailgates S3/S line spoiler is the same... Was yours off tailgate heeman?

btw had my spoiler prepped sprayed and fitted for £60 it's abot £120 max per panel round here...

Yep, from an S-line Sportback tailgate on eBay :) As soon as my car goes into the bodyshop the spoiler will be painted and fitted at the same time.

Definitely. Paying £40 definitely beats paying £210. Both spoilers would've needed painting anyway, so it's a direct £170 saving :)

Got a copy one off E-bay didn`t fit right without abit of work doing to it so went and got the spoiler from Audi. took the car to a body centre to fit and spray all in all £199. very pleased with it.

Last edited:
if i were to buy the s-line spoiler from Audi would the brake light come with it or would i have to purchase that seperately?

:thumbsup:

Yeah i think she coming:think: lol. Im trying to persuade her to get a TT and get rid of the Mini:laugh:

Good good, mines coming to I think so they can chat while we go get doughnuts and look at cars (y)