The amazing spoiler thread

This is 100000% NOT an s-line/S3 spoiler.
It is a Votex spoiler.

Here is a photo of my s-line/S3 spoiler that is awaiting fitting, and you can see the part no. is 8P3 860 943:

spoiler3k.jpg

And here is the label from a Votex spoiler, showing part no. 8P0 071 640 K (the same one as on ebay) :

spoilerv.png

And here is a link to Stoke Audi's site selling a Votex spoiler, showing the same part number, which they state is not for the S-line, RS, or S models: ----->> Audi A3 Roof Spoiler - Stoke Audi Parts

This is 100000% NOT an s-line/S3 spoiler.
It is a Votex spoiler.

Here is a photo of my s-line/S3 spoiler that is awaiting fitting, and you can see the part no. is 8P3 860 943:

spoiler3k.jpg

And here is the label from a Votex spoiler, showing part no. 8P0 071 640 K (the same one as on ebay) :

spoilerv.png

And here is a link to Stoke Audi's site selling a Votex spoiler, showing the same part number, which they state is not for the S-line, RS, or S models: ----->> Audi A3 Roof Spoiler - Stoke Audi Parts

Good research my fine fellow!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
S3 spoiler fitted onto my 05 Sportback Sport model... £100 from a scrapy, cut off 2 side lugs, kept middle one and fitted onto car with glue...

DSCN1982.jpg

DSCN1984.jpg

DSCN1983.jpg

Finally got an s-line spoiler and taken it to be sprayed today. How do you attach it? Assuming just use some strong double-sided tape and some special glue/bonding adhesive?

Anyone?

Finally got an s-line spoiler and taken it to be sprayed today. How do you attach it? Assuming just use some strong double-sided tape and some special glue/bonding adhesive?

You'll need to chop off the fixing lugs first, if your car isn't an s-line/S3.
Then you can either use a strong double sided tape or something like sikaflex.
There are pros and cons to both:
Double sided tape causes the spoiler to not sit as flush as it could, but if you ever need to remove the spoiler you can do so without damage.
Using a bonding adhesive will mean that the spoiler will sit totally flush with your roof but you probably won't be able to remove it without damaging the spoiler and your paintwork.

It depends if your is a 3 or 5 door. as i am pretty sure the 2 have different 3rd brake lights.
on my 5 door i took the existing brake light off by unscrewing it from underneath (inside the rear hatch) and that left me with a whole to put the middle lug into. i cut off the other 2 lugs n either end of the spoiler and then used sikaflex on the spoiler to bond it and then used masking tape on the spoiler to hold it in place for 24 hours.
here is an earlier thread when i originally fitted mine.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...ort-what-spoiler-fit-s3-alloys-sportback.html

You'll need to chop off the fixing lugs first, if your car isn't an s-line/S3.
Then you can either use a strong double sided tape or something like sikaflex.
There are pros and cons to both:
Double sided tape causes the spoiler to not sit as flush as it could, but if you ever need to remove the spoiler you can do so without damage.
Using a bonding adhesive will mean that the spoiler will sit totally flush with your roof but you probably won't be able to remove it without damaging the spoiler and your paintwork.

It's a 3 door. I chopped off the lugs before I gave it to the painters. It had double sided tape already so I assumed this was how it was fixed, would prefer it to sit flush and have no intention of taking it off so maybe just get them to use bonding adhesive then.

Are you guys bonding straight onto the existing spoiler bit (i.e the flat bit that comes on sport models etc) or do you take that off first then add the S-Line spoiler?

3 door, had a read through the thread does the light not need to come out first? to connect to the light in the sline spoiler?

maybe i have forgotten but i could have sworn the 3 doors just fit on top of the existing brake light with a cut out?

Sounds like your describing the Votex one ? swear the S3 / Sline one was a new brakelight if your retrofitting to a sport etc?

I bought an original S3 Roof Spoiler off ebay for £60 last year! I left it black and cut the lugs off then stuck if down with special bonding adhesive! It's stuck like sh@#t to a blanket! :rockwoot:

BlackS3Spoiler-1.jpg
2010RearLampsfitted33.jpg

Reviving an old *** thread here haha. That looks nice with the spoiler in black! Out of interest, what are the wheels on that a3? I've seen them on a few 8P A3s, but also on RS6s and A4s as well. Would love to get a pair but would rather get whichever ones definitely fit OK on the 8P!

Reviving an old *** thread here haha. That looks nice with the spoiler in black! Out of interest, what are the wheels on that a3? I've seen them on a few 8P A3s, but also on RS6s and A4s as well. Would love to get a pair but would rather get whichever ones definitely fit OK on the 8P!
Cbeck out the Rims thread in the sticky in the A3 / S3 8p

How much does it cost to get s-line spoilers sprayed?

My car is Tungsten Pearl a pretty rare colour and does that mean it is hard to colour match to the rest of the car?

Holy thread bump batman

I have a Sportback SE, got a Sline spoiler coming with the brake light. Prices certainly are less now haha
The standard spoiler I have, is it bolted in the centre then glued the outer edges?
I realise mine needs two new holes to hold the new one down