8P 2.0T mpg

rockape

Per ardua
Reaction score
Hi, now before anyone slates me I did do a search but couldn't find an answer so can anyone give me a real world average please. Just so I can compare to my cupra which is about 26-29 at the moment. Thanks in advance.

The MPG will be around the same as you are getting with your Cupra...

ranges from 25-30mpg generally
i get around 29-30 mpg out of mine which only has only been mapped and it is also quattro

I get between 30-40 on my 30 mile commute depending on traffic. That's on 95 Ron, I get less on vpower :s Fwd variant with dsg.

Last edited:
I get between 30-40 on my 30 mile commute depending on traffic. That's on 95 Ron, I get less on vpower :s Fwd variant with dsg.

Sorry I should have said, ko3. Didn't think there would be much change but 30-40 is ok and on longish runs I've seen 37 and once had 42! Was driving like I was dead though lol. I've never noticed any difference with vpower. Not even on performance.

Thanks anyway guys.

I have on a mapped 8L....only by using my lil strip of test road..... using 95 ron from a 20-100 sprint reduced my terminal speed by around 10mph... i think the ECU was retarding the timing due to the lack of high octane fuel - i used to rebel but have seen the light, presume it will be the same for most cars, especially if mapped

One things for certain, my new S3 won't be running on that **** water 95 ;)

Sorry I should have said, ko3. Didn't think there would be much change but 30-40 is ok and on longish runs I've seen 37 and once had 42! Was driving like I was dead though lol. I've never noticed any difference with vpower. Not even on performance.

Thanks anyway guys.

I noticed a definite performance increase in my 1.6 with VPower. Less so on my 2.0T, but still enough of an improvement in my fuel economy to make it justified.

My 2.0T gives me 27.3mpg. That's by actually calculating it, not the trip computer - and all city driving.

25mpg overall...
on a freeway trip i get 30-33 -- not bad.

I'm getting a long-term average (10,000 miles) of 29.2 showing on my DIS trip computer. That's really not bad considering that most of my journeys are urban and that it's a quattro running a map. :)

My trip averages are usually around 25mpg around town and around the 35mpg mark on long runs. I wouldn't recommend a 2.0T on fuel economy alone, but it's good for what it is.

With the rate petrol is going up I think I should be looking at a 1.4 tsi! The news this morning reckons that fuel will be up 5p per litre in real terms by april. Barstewards! grrr!!!!

just got my highest mpg ever - an indicated 36.4mpg on a run from Leeds to Birmingham, with a slight detour through Tamworth because of stupid road works and poor signage

i was driving like i had a coffin in the back tho

just got my highest mpg ever - an indicated 36.4mpg on a run from Leeds to Birmingham, with a slight detour through Tamworth because of stupid road works and poor signage

i was driving like i had a coffin in the back tho

lmfao... i went up to manchester on saturday & managed Avg 33Mpg which i was quite happy with, that includes tanking it for a good hour down the M6 & M6 Toll..

ahhh M6 Toll :wub:

new record for me - 360mi from my tank. not trying to hypermile or anything, and one trip from Birmingham to Manc and back in that tank, but i was driving to the Usher concert so the traffic was horrendous

new record for me - 360mi from my tank. not trying to hypermile or anything, and one trip from Birmingham to Manc and back in that tank, but i was driving to the Usher concert so the traffic was horrendous

I'm still amazed by the difference driving style makes to the mpg in this car.
I got my best return from a tank the other day too.... 330 miles.
Comparing that to my worst.... 220 miles.... there's a potential of 50% more miles depending on how heavy my foot is.

yeah if you're constantly driving on boost your fuel economy plummets - and it doesn't make enough of a difference to your average speed to make your trip any shorter if you drive with a heavy foot lol

Guys, sorry to bump an old thread...

having a problem with my MY2010 2.0T A3..

Driving in the city best consumption i can hope for is around 18-19mpg.. (that's 7.5-7.7 km/l)

VCDS scan is error free. Car drives beautifully - can't complain. Oh, and it's OEM.

I know that the plugs/fuel filter were never changed, so this is my next step. Are those two the immediate suspects or should i look into more things ?

Last edited:
i get same mpg around city but thats including letting the engine warm up in town. if i warm the engine up on motorway then drive trough town can see up to 24mpg. also i would reccomend some bg44k fuel adative and injection cleaner, you get it for a score from quick fit and it has increased my motorway mileage from 28 to 30 sitting at 75/80 mph

i get same mpg around city but thats including letting the engine warm up in town. if i warm the engine up on motorway then drive trough town can see up to 24mpg. also i would reccomend some bg44k fuel adative and injection cleaner, you get it for a score from quick fit and it has increased my motorway mileage from 28 to 30 sitting at 75/80 mph

you mean you get around 18-19 driving in the city ?
So this is considered normal ?
I am already hunting for a new MAF,and that thing is expensive, please stop me :D

Mate of mine gets 23mpg after milltek and stage 1 map and induction kit with 19" rims

yeah 18/19 is normal for me, mabey i need a MAF too lol but i do see the correct economy on a run, im stage 2 with 19 wheels also.
What economy do you see on a longer run?

i am seeing about 23 on a highway. problem is, my car 99% of the time does short commutes inside the city, 5-8km each drive the most.
I only took it on a highway once and i wasn't driving conservatively :)

i am seeing about 23 on a highway. problem is, my car 99% of the time does short commutes inside the city, 5-8km each drive the most.
I only took it on a highway once and i wasn't driving conservatively :)

Hang on... Are you from the US? Isn't the US gallon different to the UK? We could be giving incorrect comparisons!

Reactions: garythedrummer
Crap, i made a mistake.. :drag:

I am actually from Brazil and we measure consumption by km/l.

So for reference, my car is doing around 7.5 km/l.
Using google conversion, i did make a mistake by converting it to US MPG.
Now converting to imperial mpg 7.5 km/l = 21.1 mpg.
Does that sound more normal, still seems on the low side to me... Esp. comparing to jb0o's numbers.

2.0T FSI DSG Stage 1 Remap
33mpg on a run
24mpg in town

28mpg average over 4000 miles

That sounds more normal for short journeys to be honest. You should see early 30's mpg on a run.....

Só I found a new oem MAF for 50usd and pulled the trigger. If nothing else I'll have a replacement maf handy. :)

I was getting about 150 to 180 miles per full tank of Shell Vpower, mostly city driving and A roads, pretty much caining it all the time as I would go out at 2am ish when there is no traffic on the roads.

Having said that driving from Yorkshire to Cornwall it did 380 miles to a full tank of Asda petrol (before I discovered it had stage 2 parts and vv likely remap).

Reactions: mfractal
Ok guys, thanks for the input.

I did order that MAF so will test with it and new plugs. Hope i can squeeze some more mpg.

i am getting around 200-210 100% in the city short commutes of about 4-5 miles each.
I still think the consumption should be better, and this is why i have ordered a new MAF and spark plugs.

I usually only fill up when the light comes on, I also reset the no 2 trip timer at the same time I reset the no 2 trip mileage, so if it's showing over about 10 hours for a tankful I know the girlfriend and I have been doing predominantly town mileage but even then I expect the trip to read more than 250 miles, about 25 mpg. If it's a sub 9 hour reading I might get over 300 miles, 30 mpg.

2.0T unmapped.