Anyone on coilovers in Somerset?

heeman10

Audi driver since Dec 08
Reaction score
Just plodding through the minefield that is the coilover market. I fitted a set of Gaz Golds to a previous car, and can't imagine sacrificing damping adjustment on a car as heavy as the A3, but wonder how well the coilovers without damping adjustment ride. I won't be using my car on the strip or the track as I did with my other car, so can't see me needing to adjust damping, so if a kit that costs £150 less gives me the ride I want, I would be happy to go with it.

I'm near Taunton, so if anyone's near-ish, I wouldn't mind a short tootle out with you in your car to see how you ride! :eyebrows:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply N8, Bristol is a bit over an hour from me...a fair old trek really, and I don't go anywhere near there on my usual travels. Nice to know I have an options though, cheers :)

Already got one of those, and it came with four rings on the front! Would easily clear a young sheep at the moment, far too high.

I'm in no hurry matey, few things to sort before it's coilovers time, just want to test the water and play the damper field. Speaking of fields, it's turnip season...I'd best get back out there! You'd be amazed how many root vegtables you can fit in the engine bay of an A3 :)