time for a change...

Reaction score
hello guys, had my a3 for about 2 ish years now and i do love the quality and feel that audis have :) currently got an 06 plate 2.0 tdi s line dsg which has had a new turbo, intercooler and full milltek and its coming up to 95k. bodywork is immaculate.
just looking for a change but what do you guys suggest?
been looking at the sciroccos, and audi tt's, havent got much further but i want to have both economy and a little bit of performance and comfort like i do now. im not a heavy footed driver but like to have a short blast once every two weeks or so. the car has to be dsg too as i cant see the point going back to the manual after the fantastic gearboxes volkswagen have made.

so what do you guys think?

many thanks

ian

yeah thinking diesel again mate my mates are trying to sway me over to the 2.0t petrols though although im dont know much about the mpg on them, that said, i dont do too many miles anyway, just to uni and back and to the missus'... been in a scirocco tdi and sounded alot quieter compared to mine. i think with that also it seems more comforting to have an audi key in your pocket rather than a vw one? lol

@fnmrst-i cant possibly end up with another a3 haha im a 'been there done that' sort of person. although i do enjoy my present car. especially with the milltek

haha there's nowt wrong with that mate lol , what about a a4 s-line they are nice cars doesnt have to be the new model the b7 model is a dam fine car , tt tdi another good car we had one in work a few months ago very nice car have to be fair

lol yeah thinking really about the tt tdi mate... HOWEVER the sciroccos you can pick up for a hell of alot less with low milage and a later registration. really got me thinking. probably time for a test drive! whats the tt tdi like mate? is it a 140 or 170? not clued up much on these!

I had a 2009 TT TDI Quattro as a courtesy car a year or two ago, and really enjoyed it. The newer 170 engine is noticeably quieter than my 2005 140. I found the grip levels to be phenomenal, just with the addition of Quattro, and really enjoyed hurling it around in the wet with gay abandon. I drove it directly to work, then had to fill it up just before I dropped it back in. In those five minutes I was using it in public, two lads walked past as I came to get back into it, and said "Love you car, mate!". First time that's happened for a while!

I had a 2009 TT TDI Quattro as a courtesy car a year or two ago, and really enjoyed it. The newer 170 engine is noticeably quieter than my 2005 140. I found the grip levels to be phenomenal, just with the addition of Quattro, and really enjoyed hurling it around in the wet with gay abandon. I drove it directly to work, then had to fill it up just before I dropped it back in. In those five minutes I was using it in public, two lads walked past as I came to get back into it, and said "Love you car, mate!". First time that's happened for a while!

it's quieter because your older TDI is PD and the newer TT TDI has CR. all VAG group cars use the quieter CR engines now, so that shouldn't be a concern in the Scirocco. but as far as i was aware, the Scirocco uses the TDI 140 engine. the TT defo uses the TDI 170 engine

oh well, remap it lol

always thought the 170 was a bit quieter,
cheers for the info guys i am going to have a test drive in the 170 tt in the next 2 weeks. just wondering can you get the quattro with s tronic in these as you cant in the a3 unless its the s3 or 3.2? and also what are the differencdes between the s lines apart from the logo on the seats? i may not be looking hard enough!
will have to have sat nav, dsg and heated seats though!

thanks guys

ian

its a tough choice between the scirocco and the tt for me tho as i love both cars but ive only driven the tfsi vw and ive driven the tfsi the tdi tt is a very nice car but in my opinion its worth the extra after all its an audi lol but they are both lovely looking cars but a tough choice

always thought the 170 was a bit quieter,
cheers for the info guys i am going to have a test drive in the 170 tt in the next 2 weeks. just wondering can you get the quattro with s tronic in these as you cant in the a3 unless its the s3 or 3.2? and also what are the differencdes between the s lines apart from the logo on the seats? i may not be looking hard enough!
will have to have sat nav, dsg and heated seats though!

thanks guys

ian

you can get the 2.0T with quattro and DSG.

looks wise, the facelift TT's S-Line bodykit is really good looking (basically it's a "TT-S lite") but the prefacelift S-Line kit looks a little naf. if you're going prefacelift i'd go for the standard body

oh no so u cant have diesel acompanied with quattro and dsg... noooooo haha

yeah i thought that when i seen a 10 plate tt the other day it just had the same front as a TTS and also had the daytime lights! then when i walked past it looking at the rear only seeing 1 double exhaust exit and not 2 with the s line badges, i thought, "id be a bit annoyed" if i was the owner of a TTS, knowing that i can save a few thousand and have the same look! however performance is pretty ace on them things.

mind you the same probably does for the a3 now looks wise its "sort of " symilar to the s3 with the daytime lights, just a few tweaks to the sideskirts front and rear...