A3 Sportback - 2010 8P3 S3 Facelift

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
Hi there guys,

Iv got to give a big thanks to 'Dean's A3' and 'Phil' who have helped me a great deal in putting together a comprehensive list of what parts I need, so a thumbs up lads :)

To those out there of what parts are needed for a A3 Sportback, iv put together my list to give my help back to the forum

Front Slam Panel (A3 or S3 2009-)

Front Bumper (S3 2010)

S3 Front Grille and Fog Grilles (2010)

Front Wings (A3 or S3 2010)

S3 Fog Lights (A3 S-Line or S3 2010)

Headlights (A3 Black Edition DRLS or S3 DRLs Headlights)

Headlight Wiring Loom/Adaptor (Will Need Coding and Rewiring to Headlights) - (S3 2010)

Bonnet and Hinges inc Bonnet Lock (part of Front Slam Panel aka Lock Carrier) - (A3 or S3 2010)

S3 Side Skirts inc End Caps (S3 2010)

S3 Wing Mirrors (2010)

Door Module (A3 or S3 2010)

CE module possible depending on current CE Module (controls all the cars electronics via coding
and routing) - (A3 or S3 2010)

S3 Rear Bumper and Rear Diffuser (S3 2010)

S3 Rear LED Lights with Wiring Adaptor (A3 or S3 2009-)

S3 Tailgate Spoiler (2010)

I hope this helps and if anyone feels I missed anything, please feel free to reply back and help me and others on the same mission out there :)

Cheers,

Mo

so the 8P2 S-Line fog lights are definitely different to the 8P3 S-Line ones?

God a few people gonna be happy with this lol. Cheers for that Mo. What the difference in the three door and sportsback.

No Worries mate, suprised to see not many people have replied back tho lol

sub39h - the 8P2 fogs are different to the 8p3, but in the 8p3s case, the fog lights are the same on the A3 and S3 on the 2008+, as confirmed by this ebay ad - AUDI A3 MK3 INCL. S3 2008on OSF FRONT RIGHT FOG LIGHT on eBay (end time 25-Jan-11 21:06:03 GMT)

They also sell the left hand side, not too espensive either :)

benskin07 - do not quote me on this but someone may confirm this for me lol, the front end parts are exactly the same, so donor parts for the front can come off any 8p3 audi a3, however the side skirts obviously and rear end are different, so these need to be sourced for the appropriate 3dr or 5dr a3

Reactions: JasonAshtonA3
wing mirror baseplates are different too, but the caps are the same

The wing mirrors and baseplates (i believe) need to be changed as the side indicator is now a part of the wing mirror as a led indicator

however if you feel this is too big of a job (as you need the door modules for wiring and recoding), your bodyshop may be able to make space in the new wings for the indicator by using the original wings as a mould you could say to replicate the hole for the side indicator, saves on getting new mirrors and then as you say just replace the caps on your mirrors with the aluminium look?

sorry, i meant 3dr vs 5dr rather than 8P2 vs 8P3

Best thing is to get parts of a donor sportback to avoid any confusion i think

no ones ever heard of me ( im new ), but great thread !

Welcome to the forum and No worries my friend, needed something like this, i cudnt find none of this information on any forum so i thought id put my list together to help those who are in the same boat as me :)

are u doing something similar?

Reactions: Hassan427726
yes hopefully soon. just needed a rough price and place to get the LED DRL's from really. the other parts and bodyshop are easy. just the lights and coding i have a problem with. your list somes everything up, usually you only find part answers. i.e. this may fit that may fit, never a definit answer like you given. have you facelifted yours yet?

oh thats good, no i havent started the project as of yet as I want to be 100% percent confident or close before i send the car into the bodyshop, still sourcing the parts tbh.

LED DRLS are a b***h to get hold of, some guy was selling them on ebay just recently for 800, and wouldnt budge on the price, so gonna hold on for a little longer and get something around the 500pound mark

Hello mate,

Seems we are on the same adventure at the moment! Just posted in your other thread about face lift S line rear bumper.
Great thread BTW, cheers for confirming my parts list is all good too! Phil & Dean have been a great help indeed.
What parts have you managed to find so far?

I have:

S3 front bumper + lip/spoiler
Standard facelift grill for custom RS6 mod. As I understand it the grill fits need to check but paid a tenner for it so who cares, lol!
Facelift bonnet
06'- rear bumper with PDC holes (S3 valance- it fits this I checked)
Facelift Front panel
Ordered S3 sportback skirts from TPS as they're rarer than garden fairies!!
Ordered S3 diffuser and part that needs painting.
May order the lights as they ain't come up in weeks on ebay!
Auto leveling sensors + module from ebay.de, dead cheap on there if you need them.

Stuck on what CE I'll need, have to check mine current one as you say, cheers for that. Have located a K which is what Dean used IIRC. They guy has 2 so lemme know if you need 1.

Interesting idea about mirrors as getting 2nd split folding ones for the sportback is becoming a knightmare ala the skirts.

Lo! Had to edit this post 4 times!!

You forgot to add the splash guards for front arch and under covers - I think they're called.
For those that do not have Xenon's fitted, like me you'll need the auto leveling bits that are cheap from ebay.de should be around £100 inc shipping for 2 x axle sensors & headlamp range control unit. Then you'll need the looms which can be bought from kufatec.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading a set of part numbers for new S3 foglights and noticed they were the same as the old S3/S line one.

Last edited:
just for everyones info sline fogs will fit facelifts theyre the same

and if youre being extreme like me, you missed door handles, yes the door handles are different on the exterior ;)

Alright mate :),

Yeah I just realised the other post and no worries, i thought id put something together for each others reference incase one of us missed something ;p, iv located the following:

-bonnet compl. with hinges
-front slam
-front wings
-fogs (bought the ones iv given the link to above, didnt realise they were the same as the 8p2 s-line fogs lol, but thanks for yourself and phil confirming :D)
-Rear LED tailights
-Tailgate spoiler

Im finding the bumpers and skirts so hard to get hold of!! LoL.

What rear bumper did you have then? From an 06 model se/sport/s line? So all you need to change is the lower bit and diffuser? This is what im stuck on atm as you have seen in the other thread! loll

In regards to the CE Module, iv spoken to an electrician and he informed that I need either K or F, part no. 8P0 907 279 K/or F

Oh have I? How much are the splash guards and under covers? Good we had this thread :)

If you dont mind me asking ~RS~, how much did you pay for the sideskirts? PM me if you want mate

Cheers,

Mo

The skirts are £265+vat but I'm waiting for a mate with a garage to get me trade prices. Have left the order with him to see he comes up with. Anything cheaper than Audi is a Bonus, I found one skirt on ebay.de once, lol, but was damaged badly so left that alone! Best off buying em, if they do come up they will not sell for less than £200 I can tell you mate. Another £100 @ worst and you can grab a brand new set at your leisure ;) Fun looking for parts but a royal pita trying to find the golden ticket!!

The ****** headlights are no different, but all in I reckon if bought new, then add cost of ballast n bulbs which can be had for just over a hundred, if the discount is any good on new headlights that will be another £100 over what they would cost 2nd hand. Those 2 along with an S3 front bumper which I managed to get from ebay, which needs a few small repairs, hardly come up at all. As I wanna get cracking I may have to bite the bullet on the lights and skirt tbh.Think getting them new will add another 200-300 to my bill, which i could get the s3 brakes with!! Looks like we'll be outbidding each other for parts if they come up as we need similar bits :laugh:

The CE that I found has a different first few letters, spoke to dean about this as seen another listed as vw/skoda/audi and found vw site with correlating PN but the ebay ad the guy has shows the print out you can get with cars chassis no & other details listed as an a3 sportback, and he seems legit - lots of sales and goodfeedback, so I'm confused, yet again :keule:haha

Last edited:
print out of car ce comes from:

19233a.JPG

I know tell me about it, its fun but frustrating when they dont come up and when they do there practically the same price as buying it from the main dealer! LoL

So in regards to the skirts ~RS~, as that 265+vat for just the skirts, or does that include the end caps and the other bits necessary to fit? how much discount do the trade get, as I have a few mates with bodyshops who may be able to get them?

If you dont mind me asking, how much are the headlights brand new from Audi? I remember someone telling me there 1200 roughly for the pair, so I decided to just source them used? The bulb and ballast can easily be sourced, even aftermarket kits can do the job, jus need a 35W ballast and a 4300k bulb, and correct bulb type.

Let the bidding war begin my friend :D

Im not too sure myself about the CE as I was given this information by an audi electrician, but Dean may be able to help or Phil as they have done the same mission we are on, a tiring one but will be very satisfying in the end! :)

You would be best to use a K CE, although K has been replaced by a P now & it is most advisable, if not a must to use the 8P0 tbh as different chassis with similar CE boards have different features, so to avoid any issues with coding & functionality, I'd stick with as suggested.

I hear that NHN, just strange that he has that print out n all. Also when I scanned my vehicle yesterday with VAG the chassis code is 1K0 so maybe that's where it comes from. All ebay.de sellers have their module's A3 modules listed with a 1K0 and saying that they're for 8P's. I dunno, as you say better to be safe than sorry though.

My VAG.COM scan revealed my old *** CE to be 8P0-907-279C and my window modules to be 8P0-959-802F so they'll both be upgraded as directed.

Mo, that was prices for end caps..... just kidding mate that was for the skirts alone... tbh I forgot about the fixings :laugh: but did mention end caps to my mech mate. Trade prices differ a bit but anything from 10-20% iirc. So prob end up paying quoted prices without VAT if I'm lucky.... Buying remaining parts new might not be so unattractive after all, then I can get back onto the task of finding a competent body shop (any suggestions guys - will travel!) I gotta chase up my mate today and see if he's got prices yet for parts.

Will let you know later if there's any news on that

Last edited:
I know tell me about it, its fun but frustrating when they dont come up and when they do there practically the same price as buying it from the main dealer! LoL

So in regards to the skirts ~RS~, as that 265+vat for just the skirts, or does that include the end caps and the other bits necessary to fit? how much discount do the trade get, as I have a few mates with bodyshops who may be able to get them?

If you dont mind me asking, how much are the headlights brand new from Audi? I remember someone telling me there 1200 roughly for the pair, so I decided to just source them used? The bulb and ballast can easily be sourced, even aftermarket kits can do the job, jus need a 35W ballast and a 4300k bulb, and correct bulb type.

Let the bidding war begin my friend :D

Im not too sure myself about the CE as I was given this information by an audi electrician, but Dean may be able to help or Phil as they have done the same mission we are on, a tiring one but will be very satisfying in the end! :)

as nhn says k / p look good on paper im trying to get one as we speak (if anyone has one pm me ive cash waiting) failing that its another 150 to audi :( as for the ballasts dont go aftermarket as simply put youll have can issues annnnnnnd youre unlikely to find d3s aftermarket ballasts or bulbs, anyone know the difference between d3s and d2s?

Talking of ballasts which pn is the correct one for the d3s bulbs? I've seen 8K0 941 597, is that the right one?

Been speaking to a few people who have had the conversion done to their cars not to far away from me One of them, I picked up a set of front S3 brakes off yesterday, did the work himself and told me that the facelift front panel is bolt on and in turn the rest of the front end parts bar the wings are also bolt on to. Is this correct (for those of you that have done the facelift? Is it just the wings that require new holes made to fit, and of course alignment?

I seen his car but was dark, lines seemed to match up although couldn't see spray job or much really, because of the light. Looked pretty good from what I could see and was all coded up- so he said (wing mirrors did flash when he closed it). I ask as he has given a decent price on getting the body work done. Price would make sense if that's all that needs doing panel wise.

Next is my door mirror module conundrum, lol. Dean's A3 has said his unit is a G which is a 2006- module no facelift's or A3 cabs produced then but works with the indicator wing mirrors. is there a way to get an older module to work with the these facelift wing mirrors, like attaching to old indicator wiring? If so why are people getting new modules? Is it just to upgrade to electrically folding? Maybe you get error or other issues if using the old old indicator wiring?

If I get the facelift bi-xenons fitted (not AFS) will errors be thrown up on the dash if auto leveling not retrofitted (my car hasn't got xenons). Will lights still come on and work as usual? I want to do this after with some other bits but will I be able to see at night lol! Also will all lighting work? LED's etc

Finally, for now, lol! Do the LEDs in lights require an additional set of (2) control modules as seen in this ebay add?

AUDI D3S OEM HID XENON KIT w/ LED Ballasts B8 A4 S4 A3 - eBay (item 250649586004 end time Feb-06-11 13:05:17 PST)

or is there a way around having to buy these as well. I've not seen them mentioned so far... I'm not talking about the D3S ballasts btw.

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, if you need to know how do a search here for sportback facelift lights.

You need lights, an adapter and someone with vag.com/vcds to code them for you unless you have it yourself ;)

OK so the mirror issue is a little clearer to me now, seem Deans A3 has wired the indictor straight from the dumbo mirror to the CE, hence why G's worked for him no problems if I have understood this correctly.

Can anybody clarify what ballast/ ballasts are needed to get both xenons and DRL to work... check my post above for options...... :banghead: come on guys!!

Sorry rich I cant help you with the bulbs/ballasts situation as im not there yet! lol, but shall have a look around and see if I can come up with any answers :)

Also any updates with that guy you went to see mate?? Iv been waiting for your pm like a saddo :p

Mo

Haha, no luck yet Mo. Forgot to reply to that 1... Didn't get the time today, just about snuck out to get my speed lines fitted @ lunch! Will be seeing him tomorrow for sure and will report back then. The bulbs and ballast thing has got me stumped as I haven't seen anything mentioned about additional DRL modules. Thought I had it all sussed, lmao...

lool, no worries mate. I know tell me about it, but im sure we wont need any additional modules, best people to speak to about wiring are hazzydayz by far, they will quote you write down to the part number needed for all the coding and wiring and they will definitly help with the choice of CE module :)

I remember seeing this a little while ago, thats odd but looking at the side picture, it looks like a bodge job looking at the alignment between the wing and bumper, it looks like its been pushed in to fit and not even aligned properly :S

was recorded on cat d in 2009 due to vandalism, but dont let that put u off!

is he joking? it looks like a death trap.. look the the driver side front wheel compered to the passenger side.. is he missing a spacer or a drive shaft?

Haha, I know, didnt notice the wheels at first but it doesnt look like its been put back to road standard.

Amar your sportback looks very nice btw, lovely colour aswell :)

thanks bro few more mods and then she completed.. got a white one as well (brothers) and helping 1 of my mate do his toucan yellow sb up this weekend.. got a front abt lip on this one got to go soon for a s3 bumper but cant seem to find 1 that is not of a nicked car ha..

No worries geez, post sum pictures if you can, love lookin at others sb's! lol

Haha tell me about it! stolen parts are so much easier to find that genuine parts for some reason!

It's a right bodge job lads ay! :) lol... Wings seemed badly recessed and push back far to much spoiling lines completely. What a lazy sod as well couldn't even get a set of dumbpo the actual S3 bumper - that looks like a black ed one or facelift tail lights!

Beautiful car Amar! Looks great!! You planning to do the facelift to front end? My mate has a legit pre facelift S3 bumper if u want 1 mate.