A3 Sportback - 2010 8P3 S3 Facelift

Oh right, it just doesn't look right whatever the fella's done!

Hey amar, don't you think the roof would look nicer with the rear spoiler also wrapped too mate?

Progress on the light front lads... Not that I have found out if I need the drl modules as Gareth has been busy but managed to pick up these though :eyebrows: nearly there...

facelightDRLs.jpg

Last edited:
Hey amar, don't you think the roof would look nicer with the rear spoiler also wrapped too mate?
am not sure iv always fort the back end would look to plain with a black spoiler? iv had it sprayed.. hopefully it should be out of dealers this week (warranty work) an il get up some more pics.. you kno any good sprayers? i need my hole car doing agen due to 1 t***t.. and i need a new rear diffuser because of him.. he sprayed the back bumper and he didn't match it and got over spray over the car:mad: and worst of all he sprayed my rear s3 diffuser in akoya silver :wacko: (how dumb can some1 get) i normally use to use a lad called mark from halifax he was brilliant at what he does but he had a heart attack and he not spraying for another year.. and yea s3 front bumper? p.m me more details pllz :happy:

oooooOoooOoo u got the lights :) how much were they and where from (if you dont mind me asking)

Hi NHN,

I seen this set of ballast, bulbs and wires on ebay from a US seller, listed as being for the A3/A4 etc (see link)

AUDI D3S OEM HID XENON KIT w/ LED Ballasts B8 A4 S4 A3 - eBay (item 250649586004 end time Feb-06-11 13:05:17 PST)

He has a set of LED modules and I was like what! Never heard those mentioned regarding facelift, so thought I'd ask.

amar, it's a paint job ay? Just assumed it was a wrap as most people pick that when going for the black roof. Sounds like the last guy to spray your car was a total ******** mate! Sorry to hear he screwed up like that, worst thing when you hand your car over to someone and they mess up. Been dreading that with the facelift tbh, so talking to a lot of garages. Fitting sounds pretty straightforward but alignment & spraying are the deal breakers!

zedzo, they were about £500 complete with ballast and bulbs and need a lug repair to both top lugs, when that's bought the total will be thereabouts. Hence the slightly lower price than you will see them go for on ebay, although a few months back they seemed to go for £550 all inc, no damage. Ah well, supply & demand and all that ay...

The cornering lights have 2 modules, 1 is the power module & the other is a control module for the cornering, no such thing as drl or led module afaik & the standard bixenon just uses 1 module for the whole headlight.

Cheers mate, that's what I wanted to hear mate. Just added expense, haha!

The cornering lights have 2 modules, 1 is the power module & the other is a control module for the cornering, no such thing as drl or led module afaik & the standard bixenon just uses 1 module for the whole headlight.

\confirm ive had and used both

Phil can you confirm that the front panel, hence the bumper + headlights are pretty much bolt off bolt on. Am I right in saying it's just the new holes for wings and alignment of said wings is where it gets tricky...

the captive nuts for the front panel also need to be moved in ever so slightly alternatvely you can open the holse on the front panel up i went for the tidier looking option, all of which is covered by my thread

Cheers Phil, I'll take a look now mate. I think I'm on facelift overload at the minute so may have forgotten a few things I read, should be getting done next week though all going well. Only Lava grey one I think I have seen.... considering changing my roof rails to silver ones again or wrap them if it's feasible. Seen this rather tasty S3SB, only prob was he didn't sort dash in same colour as interior, which I love on Grey- classic super car combo! But I think this is due to the reflection from the sun on the dash, if not maybe he was just being cheap, lol... nice car though here's a pic

what do u guys think silver rails on lava grey or stick with black? This one is Daytona Grey btw.

S3_Sportback_in_Tunnel__Munich_by_knorckl.jpg

S3_Sportback_Seitenansicht_by_knorckl.jpg

more pics here:

knorckl's deviantART favourites

Last edited:
Cheers Phil, I'll take a look now mate. I think I'm on facelift overload at the minute so may have forgotten a few things I read, should be getting done next week though all going well. Only Lava grey one I think I have seen.... considering changing my roof rails to silver ones again or wrap them if it's feasible. Seen this rather tasty S3SB, only prob was he didn't sort dash in same colour as interior, which I love on Grey- classic super car combo! But I think this is due to the reflection from the sun on the dash, if not maybe he was just being cheap, lol... nice car though here's a pic

what do u guys think silver rails on lava grey or stick with black? This one is Daytona Grey btw.

S3_Sportback_Seitenansicht_by_knorckl.jpg

more pics here:

knorckl's deviantART favourites

I think the black one's ..........But maybe if you get your new mirrors silver it might go with it better.......:think:

Thinking the same thing but probably gonna drop the S3 mirror on this conversion, not quite decided yet. Thing is black rails are screaming for a black grill and I'm not sure that black grill on lava grey is that great tbh.. kinda undecided!:wacko:

Thinking the same thing but probably gonna drop the S3 mirror on this conversion, not quite decided yet. Thing is black rails are screaming for a black grill and I'm not sure that black grill on lava grey is that great tbh.. kinda undecided!:wacko:

Yehh I hear that still......you car would have to be black with a black theme......lol

Hello Rich , hope to bring me good news.
The mirrors update I think is the final update to my car. I'm undecided about the S3 Sportback side skirts.
Are they plug & play ? It's a heavy winter but in spring i will bring them to the car I hope :unsure:
Pics with the car until and after the update.
Photo181-001.jpg

Photo182-001.jpg

Photo273.jpg

Photo278.jpg

Photo285.jpg

1s.jpg

8s.jpg

Cheers mate I'll have the body shop looking over these and a few other pics to make sure all is done correctly!

I'm not 100% sure on just how the S3 skirts fit onto car, I'm on a mac and think etka or whatever it is that shows fittings only work on windows based machines. I'm gonna bootcamp my mac and partition a section of the hard drive for to run windows XP as I have vag.com as well and need to stop knicking my daughters laptop, lmao!

Maybe someone can say whether any thing else is required to fit Skirts, I think you should definitely do the skirts and the mirrors will be complete then and skirts make it look so much nicer I think.

Do I sense some sarcasm?

Im not an auto electrician, so ask Hazzydayz or speak to someone who knows, I was jus pointin down the main things that needed to be done so your sarcasm aint funny mate

Do I sense some sarcasm?

Im not an auto electrician, so ask Hazzydayz or speak to someone who knows, I was jus pointin down the main things that needed to be done so your sarcasm aint funny mate

No sarcasm mate, i meant awsome ammount on info on what parts are needed, i found it hard to locate what i needed exactly before dong the conversion.... this thread would of come in handy back then :)
With regards to coding i thought you may have had a little more information, no worrys though, through alittle research it seems that i may need to change my ce or something :(

Alright mate :),

Yeah I just realised the other post and no worries, i thought id put something together for each others reference incase one of us missed something ;p, iv located the following:

-bonnet compl. with hinges
-front slam
-front wings
-fogs (bought the ones iv given the link to above, didnt realise they were the same as the 8p2 s-line fogs lol, but thanks for yourself and phil confirming :D)
-Rear LED tailights
-Tailgate spoiler

Im finding the bumpers and skirts so hard to get hold of!! LoL.

What rear bumper did you have then? From an 06 model se/sport/s line? So all you need to change is the lower bit and diffuser? This is what im stuck on atm as you have seen in the other thread! loll

In regards to the CE Module, iv spoken to an electrician and he informed that I need either K or F, part no. 8P0 907 279 K/or F

Oh have I? How much are the splash guards and under covers? Good we had this thread :)

If you dont mind me asking ~RS~, how much did you pay for the sideskirts? PM me if you want mate

Cheers,

Mo

checkthe ebay thread for 09 bumper

LOL, Sorry mate I didnt realise at first what you were referring to so thought you were being sarcastic, apologies geez :)

Tbh the best people to speak to are HazzyDayz or wait for NHN, Dean or Phil to come along and they should be able to help, as im not at this stage yet im not able to give much advice on this topic, sorry fella

You will need a K module. I had an F one but it's not sufficient.

Yeap P working in mine, my dealer mates sorted that, still beyond us all why it didnt work with coding in car with vcds, which was identical to VAS, everything worked perfectly but flashed like oxford street at xmas before VAS coded.

So P is a VAS only install, how very weird! Glad I din't throw mine away lol, if I remember the LCH on it, I can disable diagnosis footwell lights, a great mod on it's own. 

Not neccessarily no, I did mine last year iirc & vcds has had a few releases since then, they may have corrected this problem, I've sinced coded mine number of times without issues again, but I do wonder if there was an adaptation channel that wasnt known to us that needed doing correctly that audi VAS units are programmed to do in a stealth way by zee germans, tbh most coding by dealers is done kinda stealth like, they dont know what bits/bytes are what, just say yes or no to functions & vas just makes code itself,not even a tick box for them, you can manually enter the long coding but it doesnt show you which codes are which function.

Not neccessarily no, I did mine last year iirc & vcds has had a few releases since then, they may have corrected this problem, I've sinced coded mine number of times without issues again, but I do wonder if there was an adaptation channel that wasnt known to us that needed doing correctly that audi VAS units are programmed to do in a stealth way by zee germans, tbh most coding by dealers is done kinda stealth like, they dont know what bits/bytes are what, just say yes or no to functions & vas just makes code itself,not even a tick box for them, you can manually enter the long coding but it doesnt show you which codes are which function.

have you considered an autologic unit nige?, its software is a derrivative of vas, you also get programming support with it

That's got me thinking, I might try mine again before I go the VAG route. Saying that, I have a few empty bits/bytes on my K though nothing seems to be missing. Probably have to re-install VCDS..

have you considered an autologic unit nige?, its software is a derrivative of vas, you also get programming support with it

Elaborate young man please as in links as I recall going to there site but wasnt sure if would do the trick.

Autologic-Diagnostics -Home/Products
there you go pal

my dad rates it, i dont mind it as a faultfinding and servicing tool, however i prefer vcds for the retro side of things, this being said the amount the autologic unit has evolved theyre really listening to feedback. You probably could get a demo of one if you were serious about it

What was the tax on that unit mate?

not entirely sure it was my old man that bought the unit, as said i stuck to vagcom i think it was between 1-2k but when you consider your getting a years support with wiring diags (dont need) common faults and fixes etc it makes his life 100 times easier, so depends on your use if its justified nige, worth giving it a whirl anyway

notable that it will also do software updates, including ecus just like vas.

in adittion to this you can buy derrivatives of the mercs das machine jags software too knowlageable squad, put it this way my old boy canceled his jag subscription and bought thiers he likes the unit that much!

Got a reply from them, 6k later & £800 a year for updates after 1st year, urrmm think I'll make do with vcds for now, new toys are hard to come by atm with Issy in hands as such.

ouch didnt know it was that steep pal, it is a good unit and when you parallel that to a merc compact 4 machine its cheap

When changing the CE out for a new one, K for example, how do you determine where the connection blocks/ pins wires or whatever they're referred to as go back into? Are they reconnected to the new 'K' CE in the same position they cam out the old CE?

Yes, the locations are exactly the same and can only go into the correct locations so you cannot get it wrong which is great.