EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

bbs ch alloys help

is Ł690 to much to be paying for bbs ch 18" replica wheels with economy tyres? if so does anyone know where i could get the lot with fitting for less.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    tbh for Ł700 i reckon you could find a real set if you look hard enough. if that's within budget stay the hell away from reps
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Interior Next!!

Status
    YES!! i paid Ł750 for my BBS CH original brand new but no tyres 18x8"

i did get an amazing deal though
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

1st Gear

Status
    i only have Ł700 for every thing wheels tyres and fitting.
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    i only have Ł700 for every thing wheels tyres and fitting.
    if you're patient a set will come up, i'm sure of it
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

1st Gear

Status
    yeah but im bored of my car looking standard if i dont change something on it i'll end up wanting to buy a new 1 again.

S3 (8P)

Status
    I paid Ł525 for CHs, rims only and 2 needed a refurb.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

The King of Cannock

Status
    That is to expensive for reps. My 18" Splits will be up for sale next month for Ł750 with tyres if your interested :P

Chris

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b19ctr View Post
    That is to expensive for reps. My 18" Splits will be up for sale next month for Ł750 with tyres if your interested :P

Chris
    she wants CHs tho

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by b19ctr View Post

Chris
    good alternative!
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

1st Gear

Status
    could you post a pic are they kurb and scratch free?

The King of Cannock

Status
    my splits?

Here they are they were refurbed end of July when i brought the car no scratches or cub rash

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

1st Gear

Status
    thats quite a nice wheel but i think i prefer the bbs ch

6th Gear

Status
    thats quite a nice wheel but i think i prefer the bbs ch
    i'm not the biggest fan of his wheels, BUT i think you'd be better off with those than with CH reps

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

1st Gear

Status
    what do people think of these or are they the wrong fit and i dont understand the blue band around the edge
    18" BBS Motorsport 225/40/18 high performance tyres on eBay (end time 21-Jan-11 18:17:41 GMT)

4th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    if i had the money i would buy them but Ł700 is stretching it

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    thats a seriously good find!!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

6th Gear

Status
    if i had the money i would buy them but Ł700 is stretching it
    the TT ones definitely won't fit. the ones posted by crunchie are a good alternative - look at it this way, they're going for Ł825? the difference is less than 2 tanks of petrol nowadays. it really is nothing - i'd prefer to drive my car a bit less or more cautiously and have the money for genuine BBS or OEM wheels

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    thats a seriously good find!!
    bit of you paulo haha!?
    S

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Save up for an extra month goddammit! What is wrong with you. At least when you come to sell you will recoup like 70% of it back.

OK rant over.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    And those black editions make the CH in 18 look soooooo small.

1st Gear

Status
    its hard to save up when your a student thou and i wanna get my11 or my09 lights could get both if i can get alloys for around Ł600.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Well you need to do whatever Paolo(Jungleman) is doing because he's by far the richest student on ASN.

How about just getting your lights on first..they will keep you happy for a few months and when your next student loan comes through then you can buy your wheels! haha. Seriously though, save for the real wheels. Come sell time you will come back to thank me.

1st Gear

Status
    might have to ask him for a few tips. yeah but i will probably just sell them with the car like my last audi. im not silly enough to get a student loan have to work to pay my way through uni least will be debt free at the end.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tku View Post
    Well you need to do whatever Paolo(Jungleman) is doing because he's by far the richest student on ASN. .
    haha not the richest student by any stretch of the imagination, wish i was or id be running a lot more power and a fully sorted car by now

might have to ask him for a few tips. yeah but i will probably just sell them with the car like my last audi. im not silly enough to get a student loan have to work to pay my way through uni least will be debt free at the end.
    wish i didnt have to get a loan, but with a course that demands at least 16 hours a day 6 days a week i dint have much of a choice

the trick is to just be patient, as hard as it is, trust me i know its killing me at the moment with what ive got planned for the car, just sooner or later what you want will come up at the price thats right and that your willing to pay.

if you can do a smallish thing like the rear lights now and that will keep you happy for 2-3 months while you can get some extra cash together and get the genuine article, in the long run will be better. another advantage of getting the real thing is that there will always be a long list of people wanting to have them off you, best thing with a set of wheel like BBS get the real deal. sell your old ones to help pay for them, then when its time to move on, put them up for sale on here with the proviso of a part exchange on their old wheels, that way your car will be easier to sell as its standard, you will have endless people waiting to have your wheels off you and youll have a chunk of a cash in your pocket, everyone is happy

this is how i got a Ł1800 big brake kit for, well lets just say you wont get a deal like it again!!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

1st Gear

Status
    suppose if i had to get uni 5 days a week i would need a loan to i think i might try and hold out for genuine ones. just off the topic you have tt air vents on your car are the ones that fit the ones off a tt 06 and on?

6th Gear

Status
    in the long run it will be worth it, for the initial bigger outlay you will still get some money back for your next project and a better quality wheel

yea my course is a killer, if i had a job as well id never see my friends or family and id be locked up in a padded room

yea they are off a phase 2 (new shape) TT, got them second hand off ebay, they normally go for about 15-20 each, i was lucky enough to get them for 15 each, think they come up fairly often, keep an eye on this seller we_buy_and_sell_airbags they get them fairly often and are pretty well priced

1st Gear

Status
    yeah he has a few going at them moment said i could have four of them for Ł50 which includes postage. might have to keep doing small mods while searching for alloys.

6th Gear

Status
    ok thats a bargain!! think mine came to Ł70 with postage but mine are in mint condition, be work making sure they are in good nick unless it says on the page

just be careful with the small mods as it soon adds up and you dont want to be caught short when u have to move fast on a set of wheels! lol

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    He's infectious isn't he? Thus why I have blocked him.

6th Gear

Status
    haha everyone needs a bit of paolo in their life!
    im very good at spending money, both mine and other peoples... i need help

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    Someone hear something?

6th Gear

Status
    ill get my coat lol

events moderator

Status
    hey kirsty ebay isnt always the cheapest for wheels you know check this website out for some very good price wheels Alloy Wheels Suitable For Audi/VW/Seat RS8,Alloy Wheels,Rims
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    jesus, and students moan they have no money these days, I had to wait until I was working to even own a car, you students have it all these days I can promise you.

Those CH's are a good find, buy them Kirsty, sod the rear lights, having real BBS wheels is much better than crap fakes and a set of new lights by a long way. And then get them refurbed and sprayed silver in a couple of months time, your car will look the part after that.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com