Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Sportback owner

Status

Pollen filter type -?

Thinking of changing the pollen filter, so went online to my parts supplier. Found out that they are offering two types of filter for the 2006 A3. One is called the pollen filter as one would expect, but the other one on offer apparently is also an activated carbon filter. Activated carbon is used to eliminate smells and such. Both of these filters seem to be the same size. Has anyone fitted the carbon filter type? Thanks in advance.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    have the carbon one in my car, I'm fairly sure all a3s with full climate control use this one.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    lol didnt know there were 2 diff types,i replaced mine with a genuine one from audi a while back......whats the difference ?
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

Sportback owner

Status
    VW754, according to the specs that I read, one is a straightforward pollen filter, and the other contains the activated carbon. Khufu may well be right, and we should choose the carbon version if we have full climate control fitted. Anyway, perhaps some kind person would let me have the official Audi part-number, then I can check to see which one is needed. I do have full climate control, so would be interested to fit the carbon variety.
    French A3 Sportback 2006, 2.0L 140 TDI, DSG, RSN-E, Ambient lighting, Auto-lights/wipers, Reverse assist, Dolphin Grey, 17" wheels, Leather seats, Cruise control, Roof bars.