Pollen filter type -?

Geraldy212

Sportback owner
Reaction score
Thinking of changing the pollen filter, so went online to my parts supplier. Found out that they are offering two types of filter for the 2006 A3. One is called the pollen filter as one would expect, but the other one on offer apparently is also an activated carbon filter:unsure:. Activated carbon is used to eliminate smells and such. Both of these filters seem to be the same size. Has anyone fitted the carbon filter type? Thanks in advance.

lol didnt know there were 2 diff types,i replaced mine with a genuine one from audi a while back......whats the difference ?

VW754, according to the specs that I read, one is a straightforward pollen filter, and the other contains the activated carbon. Khufu may well be right, and we should choose the carbon version if we have full climate control fitted. Anyway, perhaps some kind person would let me have the official Audi part-number, then I can check to see which one is needed. I do have full climate control, so would be interested to fit the carbon variety.