A few questions from a new owner

Cardiff R33

Reaction score
I have just bought a 53 plate 140 bhp tdi, revo'd. I have a few questions and things i need to sort since buying it (isnt it always the case lol)

1. Rear wiper doesnt work, nor does rear washer (fronts fine)
2. Need a passenger side doorcard silver trim, any ideas?
3. Main proble,, it idles at 900rpm and is a bit uneven and makes the car shake a bit, almost feels like it should be upped a little.
4. This might relate to 3, when changing gears at lower revs is hesitates a bit
5. Turbo is new but wails like a police siren, been told this often happens after the revo remap?

Sorry for being new and asking so many questions

Welcome and congratz on the new car. I take it your from Cardiff lol? Rear wiper not working a common problem do a quick search will most likely need a new motor. If you want a new doorcard keep an eye out on ebay. The other 3 questions i dont know sure the other guys will be able to help you. Once again welcome

Welcome to the forum...

Does your car smoke at all? Your poor running and idling could be down to a leaking or split hose somewhere. Had this on a Mk4 Golf TDi that kept blowing off one of the hoses to the intercooler.

Injector or the electricals to the injectors? not sure of the lingo but have been told they go often. Just an idea

Should have said id a 2.0 140 tdi, 05 plate, 87k that had an intermittently lumpy idle but only once it had warmed up. Was getting worse, i never got to the bottom of it. Tried redex a few times. Got rid of the car eventually as i wanted an s3. Car drove fine otherwise, was just at idle u felt it

Isn't this due to throttle body crud build up? Had it on a company a6 2.0tdi '55 plate. Very expensive to do from Audi as they'll tell you it need new throttle bodies and charge a fortune. They can be removed and cleaned with certain solvents but the important thing is not to scratch or damage the internals when you do it.

My turbo sounds a bit like a siren at low speeds, I just think it's the way it is, it's sounded like this for the 10k miles I've done since I bought it (and I really do give it stick on a daily basis)

One thing you could check is for leaks in the turbo pipework, I've got a fair bit of oil coming from the intercooler pipework directly off the turbo (I noticed while doing a service a few weeks back) I did buy a new seal for the pipe but have not had time to replace it yet. I did wonder if this was the source of the noise when I spotted it though.