Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

New Car/ Paint Protection

Hi Guys,

Posted a few times on here, and if anyone remembers... i have a S/B B/E in Ibis white comin soon.. i havent opted for any Paint Protection as an option, but having been driving a Black VRS for 3 years and covering over 55k now, im expecting the IBIS to be more of a challenge to keep the tar off it... just wondering if anyone has any advise as to some sort of Protection to keep the tar from messing up the bottom half... Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

events moderator

Status
    dont drive it lol
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

events moderator

Status
    on a serious note tar is a pain in the arse it gets everywhere trust me i detail cars for a living just keep ontop of polishing washing it and try and polish out the tar spots before the get too hard it makes life alot easyer as i wouldnt want to use tar remover on a new car as the paint might be a bit too soft still
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Neutral

Status
    My advice would be to save your money on dealer offers of AG Life Shine or Diamond Bright. Either buy yourself some GTechniq paint sealant and polish, google it or find a pro detailer to do it for you, I can point you in the right direction if you want, either option will give you better protection and prob save you money too!

Ps nothing stops tar from sticking but loads of easy ways to get rid of it.

Cheers Justin

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for the replies... have looked at the Diamond Bright, looks ok to be fair.....

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt99 View Post
    Cheers for the replies... have looked at the Diamond Bright, looks ok to be fair.....

snakeoil - dealers never apply these products properly. much better off spending the money on getting a pro-detailer to give it a 'new car protection' detail. Or do it yourself, Gtechniq stuuf gets rave reviews over at detailing world : Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq
    A6 Avant 2.5tdi Quattro Sport 220bhp 458Nm 6 speed Manual

Banned

Status
    All these things are expensive when dealer applied and are little more than a Detailer would do. My advice FWIW is don't bother.... Autoglym/Mir and TLC works for me.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    All these things are expensive when dealer applied and are little more than a Detailer would do. My advice FWIW is don't bother.... Autoglym/Mir and TLC works for me.
    +1
    A3 MY11 2.0TDI 170 Black Edition 2011:: Ibis White :: Technology Pack :: Comfort Pack :: Interior Light Pack :: Ext Mirrors electr/fold/heat/dim :: Audi Mud Flaps
    =============================
    Modifications - Brakes Calipers painted Black :: S-Line Grill badge ::

2nd Gear

Status
    I have an A3 SB BE on order in Ibis and have managed to get the dealer to throw in the VPP (paint protection) and Metalmate (wheel protection), as it is not costing anything do you guys think it is still worth having?

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    Used to offer Diamond bright when i was working at a dealer back in 2000......used to charge 250-350 depending on what we thought we could get, the actual kit cost us in the region of 30 - applied by our resident Kosoven valetters, great bunch of guys...just wouldn't trust them with my car

Answer me this, how can any paint protection last several years when the best Carnuba wax in the world will probably last 6 months (several thousand pounds a jar)..... its a gimmick!!

Also FNMRST - have you not discovered the wonderful Autotardis yet? spray on and the tar will simply run off the car, no need for polishing out which will more than likely cause you to do more damage to the area (or give you a higher chance of damaging)
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold