How much would this be worth? And should I stop modding if I'm going to sell it?

dave_garnz

Reaction score
I haven't had my S3 long. I found a sweet one owner since Audi dealer. specced up to the max. FSH. Maxed out spec, bose, buckets, optics, heated seats, computer, levelling lights etc etc the things maxed out. However somethings come up at work and I could do with the cash in a project that I didn't really see coming my way. Anyway it's had a Revo stage 1 so far. I've also put on some 19" Speedlines. In boxes and due to go on this week is: Forge twintake, Milltek turbo back system, uprated diverter valve, KW springs and also a Revo stage 2 map. Should I put it back to stock and sell off the bits? Or should I finish it and then sell it? The cars confirmed my love for the Audi brand and also I will be back for an S3 Sportback later this year.

Pics:

mileage..... i'd be hesitant in saying its maxed without satnav :) big win for the 8Ps crap dash

If its a 57 Plate, personal view... put it back to original and sell off the bits. (and again my opinion.... don't do it again!)

I personally wouldn't buy a modded car even with all the history etc. I'd vote for selling the parts and return to standard. Looks absolute mint for a 57 with those buckets, they usually seems to get easily wrinkled over so long.

Back to normal... or you will finish it off, fall in love with the extra power, and be more resistant to selling it!

Yeah I think you're right. I'll list the parts on this forum when I know for definite next week. Cheeeeeers :)

ill have the downpipe & sports cat off the milltek... think its worth about £20 and ill take the buckets for another £50, you wont find a better price haha :p

It has a sat nav ariel but no sat nav?

bluetooth cars get the aerial as well.

my personal opinion is to put it to original. if you can upgrade to RNS-E on a budget then that might at value to your car, otherwise you're just ******* away money.

best of luck with your project at work.

bluetooth cars get the aerial as well.

Not for a while they haven't . Standard BT NO Aerial from 2009 on. BT Low gives you prep in armrest and the Aerial.... You need to keep up to date mate!! ;-)

Last edited:
It's got phone prep in the armrest if that helps. Now on ebay, cheapest S3 new shape in the country - well on ebay and autotrader. Cheers

Earlier models had no option for phone prep without the cradle - you either had the cradle in the armrest or on the dash (before late 2006, the armrest wasn't even an option). The sharkfin always came with the phone prep back then.

Now you can get the prep without a cradle, they don't bother with the sharkfin if you spec this as there's no way it'd ever be used since you obviously need the cradle for that :)

Oh and I agree with animal - you repeatedly say it's "maxed out" yet it has no nav - sorry but not a chance, nav is one of the first things a lot of people will want in an S3.

Earlier models had no option for phone prep without the cradle - you either had the cradle in the armrest or on the dash (before late 2006, the armrest wasn't even an option). The sharkfin always came with the phone prep back then.

Now you can get the prep without a cradle, they don't bother with the sharkfin if you spec this as there's no way it'd ever be used since you obviously need the cradle for that :)

Oh and I agree with animal - you repeatedly say it's "maxed out" yet it has no nav - sorry but not a chance, nav is one of the first things a lot of people will want in an S3.

Agree with most you say Vertigo... apart from the armrest!! We specified one as an option on our 8P 2005 car delivered March 2005. Cost an extra £90!!

Agree entirely about Nav on new expensive cars these days. The Technology Pack on New A3's is a bargain when you look at combined prices + of course Tec Pack is Standard on new S3. 2/3 years down the line the value of used cars without Nav will be significantly less than those with it. Talk to any dealer. Sat Nav (and Leather) is more critical on A4/A5/A6 with bigger engines... Who is likely to want a 3.0 A6 with CLOTH seats and NO NAV???? :idea:

Last edited:
Agree with most you say Vertigo... apart from the armrest!! We specified one as an option on our 2005 car delivered March 2005. Cost an extra £90!!

Don't understand how that's possible.

My previous car was ordered in September 2006. At that time the only option listed in the brochure was to have the cradle on the dashboard. I didn't want this so actually omitted the whole phone prep. A week after the order went in a new brochure was released which showed the armrest option. My order was modified to add it.

If the option wasn't available when I ordered in September 2006, how the hell did you order it in 2005?

if you want to be rude PilotAudi two can play at that game

Not for a while they haven't . Standard BT NO Aerial. BT Low gives you prep in armrest and the Aerial.... You need to keep up to date mate!! ;-)

seriously you pedantic git, the car being talked about is a 57 plate. "you need to keep up with what's actually going on around you."

Agree with most you say Vertigo... apart from the armrest!! We specified one as an option on our 8P 2005 car delivered March 2005. Cost an extra £90!!

he's referring to phone prep in the arm rest. is english your second language?

Last edited:

LOL, so he is - I totally missed that too :)

Yeah I meant that before late 2006 you couldn't get the phone prep cradle in the armrest. You could obviously get an actual armrest :)

if you want to be rude PilotAudi two can play at that game

seriously you pedantic git, the car being talked about is a 57 plate. "you need to keep up with what's actually going on around you."

Very helpful post Sub... Have a nice day ;-)

Obviously you missed the tongue in cheek smiley!!!
:idea:
Or as we say in France 'a votre'!:banghead:

Last edited: