AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

How much would this be worth? And should I stop modding if I'm going to sell it?

I haven't had my S3 long. I found a sweet one owner since Audi dealer. specced up to the max. FSH. Maxed out spec, bose, buckets, optics, heated seats, computer, levelling lights etc etc the things maxed out. However somethings come up at work and I could do with the cash in a project that I didn't really see coming my way. Anyway it's had a Revo stage 1 so far. I've also put on some 19" Speedlines. In boxes and due to go on this week is: Forge twintake, Milltek turbo back system, uprated diverter valve, KW springs and also a Revo stage 2 map. Should I put it back to stock and sell off the bits? Or should I finish it and then sell it? The cars confirmed my love for the Audi brand and also I will be back for an S3 Sportback later this year.

Pics:

2. # ADS
    ADS

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    mileage..... i'd be hesitant in saying its maxed without satnav big win for the 8Ps crap dash
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    If its a 57 Plate, personal view... put it back to original and sell off the bits. (and again my opinion.... don't do it again!)
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    I personally wouldn't buy a modded car even with all the history etc. I'd vote for selling the parts and return to standard. Looks absolute mint for a 57 with those buckets, they usually seems to get easily wrinkled over so long.

1st Gear

Status
    Back to normal... or you will finish it off, fall in love with the extra power, and be more resistant to selling it!

2009 '09' A3 1.6 Sport, Ibis White, Privacy Glass, Ipod Dock

Neutral

Status
    Yeah I think you're right. I'll list the parts on this forum when I know for definite next week. Cheeeeeers

6th Gear

Status
    It has a sat nav ariel but no sat nav?
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status
    ill have the downpipe & sports cat off the milltek... think its worth about 20 and ill take the buckets for another 50, you wont find a better price haha :P
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    It has a sat nav ariel but no sat nav?
    bluetooth cars get the aerial as well.

my personal opinion is to put it to original. if you can upgrade to RNS-E on a budget then that might at value to your car, otherwise you're just pissing away money.

best of luck with your project at work.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

events moderator

Status
    i agree put it back to standard with that spec it should sell quickly
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    bluetooth cars get the aerial as well.
    Not for a while they haven't . Standard BT NO Aerial from 2009 on. BT Low gives you prep in armrest and the Aerial.... You need to keep up to date mate!! ;-)
    Last edited by PilotAudi; 16th January 2011 at 12:38.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Neutral

Status
    It's got phone prep in the armrest if that helps. Now on ebay, cheapest S3 new shape in the country - well on ebay and autotrader. Cheers

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Not for a while they haven't . Standard BT NO Aerial. BT Low gives you prep in armrest and the Aerial.... You need to keep up to date mate!! ;-)
    Pre 09 cars have the aerial with bluetooth...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

6th Gear

Status
    Earlier models had no option for phone prep without the cradle - you either had the cradle in the armrest or on the dash (before late 2006, the armrest wasn't even an option). The sharkfin always came with the phone prep back then.

Now you can get the prep without a cradle, they don't bother with the sharkfin if you spec this as there's no way it'd ever be used since you obviously need the cradle for that

Oh and I agree with animal - you repeatedly say it's "maxed out" yet it has no nav - sorry but not a chance, nav is one of the first things a lot of people will want in an S3.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    Earlier models had no option for phone prep without the cradle - you either had the cradle in the armrest or on the dash (before late 2006, the armrest wasn't even an option). The sharkfin always came with the phone prep back then.

Now you can get the prep without a cradle, they don't bother with the sharkfin if you spec this as there's no way it'd ever be used since you obviously need the cradle for that

Oh and I agree with animal - you repeatedly say it's "maxed out" yet it has no nav - sorry but not a chance, nav is one of the first things a lot of people will want in an S3.
    Agree with most you say Vertigo... apart from the armrest!! We specified one as an option on our 8P 2005 car delivered March 2005. Cost an extra 90!!

Agree entirely about Nav on new expensive cars these days. The Technology Pack on New A3's is a bargain when you look at combined prices + of course Tec Pack is Standard on new S3. 2/3 years down the line the value of used cars without Nav will be significantly less than those with it. Talk to any dealer. Sat Nav (and Leather) is more critical on A4/A5/A6 with bigger engines... Who is likely to want a 3.0 A6 with CLOTH seats and NO NAV????
    Last edited by PilotAudi; 16th January 2011 at 10:56.

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with most you say Vertigo... apart from the armrest!! We specified one as an option on our 2005 car delivered March 2005. Cost an extra 90!!
    Don't understand how that's possible.

My previous car was ordered in September 2006. At that time the only option listed in the brochure was to have the cradle on the dashboard. I didn't want this so actually omitted the whole phone prep. A week after the order went in a new brochure was released which showed the armrest option. My order was modified to add it.

If the option wasn't available when I ordered in September 2006, how the hell did you order it in 2005?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    if you want to be rude PilotAudi two can play at that game

Not for a while they haven't . Standard BT NO Aerial. BT Low gives you prep in armrest and the Aerial.... You need to keep up to date mate!! ;-)
    seriously you pedantic git, the car being talked about is a 57 plate. "you need to keep up with what's actually going on around you."

Agree with most you say Vertigo... apart from the armrest!! We specified one as an option on our 8P 2005 car delivered March 2005. Cost an extra 90!!
    he's referring to phone prep in the arm rest. is english your second language?
    Last edited by sub39h; 16th January 2011 at 11:09.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    LOL, so he is - I totally missed that too

Yeah I meant that before late 2006 you couldn't get the phone prep cradle in the armrest. You could obviously get an actual armrest

events moderator

Status
    my mates old 05 plate s-line had the phone prep on the dash and the shark fin
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

5th Gear

Status
    1200 extra is abit much to get the 19" BBS no?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

6th Gear

Status
    if you want to be rude PilotAudi two can play at that game

seriously you pedantic git, the car being talked about is a 57 plate. "you need to keep up with what's actually going on around you."

Very helpful post Sub... Have a nice day ;-)

Obviously you missed the tongue in cheek smiley!!!

Or as we say in France 'a votre'!
    Last edited by PilotAudi; 16th January 2011 at 12:39.