AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Question Looking to get new (or nearly new) sport or black.

Hi,

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see about a new (or nearly new) 3 door petrol sport or black.
    I'm guessing there will be a 6 month wait on this?

Is there a new model on the horizon, or any other reason the above isnt worth waiting for.
    Looking at about 20k

I've looked about on autotrader and ebay, but there just doesnt seem to be that many about?

Thanks for any input

Floob.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    there is a new model on the horizon... 2012ish.

get a Golf if you want a new car, otherwise wait.

just my 2p, i reckon someone will be along to provide an also perfectly valid reason why you should get an 8P. weigh up the options and decide for yourself
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post

just my 2p, i reckon someone will be along to provide an also perfectly valid reason why you should get an 8P. weigh up the options and decide for yourself
    Go get a Golf Sub
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

events moderator

Status
    is this golf-sport.net NO its AUDI-sport.net sub lol, if you can wait till 2012 for the new model to come out then wait otherwise the 8p is a awesome car but get a s-line or black edition if you can find one they are much better than the standard models and the sport's and for 20k you should get a really nice nearly new a3 or a reasonable spec but remember when buying a brand new audi nearly everything is an opition so if you tick alot of boxes then the price goes up very quickly indeed on a brand new a3
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

6th Gear

Status
    in isolation it's not that the 8P is a bad car, and definitely a good 2nd hand buy. but if i had the money for a new 8P 2.0T or a Golf GTI i'd be giving my money to a showroom with a big VW on the front of it. aside from anything else, it's got a newer and more powerful engine and an electronic diff which the A3 doesn't have.

i agree that Black Edition is better than S-Line, which in turn is better than Sport. and yes, extras are expensive so be careful!
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

events moderator

Status
    i have to admit tho i do like the mk6 golf gtd and the gti

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fnmrst View Post
    i have to admit tho i do like the mk6 golf gtd and the gti
    i'd only have those models tbh, and the Golf R but i'd stick a GTI bodykit on it because it looks so much better lol

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    and the Golf R but i'd stick a GTI bodykit on it because it looks so much better lol
    Do I detect a contradiction in reference to past comments regarding bodykits?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    i'd be making my car look like a LOWER model, which isn't quite so bad as making a regular A3 look like an S3
    Last edited by sub39h; 15th January 2011 at 10:34.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Audi Heaven

Status
    Waiting list for GTD and GTi Golf Mk6 can be around 6 months depending on options.

Bet bet is to find a demo car for sale or go for the Sport model as the waiting list on those isn't too bad. Again depends on your spec requirements...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Cut how you like, same thing whichever way you put it, game over.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Cut how you like, same thing whichever way you put it, game over.
    we'll have to agree to disagree on that, and move on.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Best bet is to find a demo car for sale or go for the Sport model as the waiting list on those isn't too bad. Again depends on your spec requirements...
    Thanks for that. I may well go sport then. I dont have any killer requirements, 3 door petrol that will last well, I'd like things like DIS, lighting pack, xenon lights though - have to see what price I'm looking at

6th Gear

Status
    DIS will be standard on a Sport.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

2nd Gear

Status

There doing a 1.2T 85 BHP Golf, considering one now?
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyW19 View Post
    There doing a 1.2T 85 BHP Golf, considering one now?
    they do a 1.2T 8P as well - it's got more power but a 1.2 is a 1.2

in any event i wasn't suggesting going for the 1.2, and i'm sure you wouldn't suggest going for the 1.2 8P

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeh, they do the 105 in the golf aswell - Did have me wondering would the 85bhp be going in the A3 - Bluemotion?

The 1.2T was available when I ordered, and the dealer said it's a smooth, great engine - even though he said he hasn't driven one!

That's why I went for the 1.4T, provides more than enough power - and good mpg, did look at the diesel but I didn't fancy the diesel sound noise - but loved the pull! But I would of had a year old S3 if other factors hadn't influenced this choice!
    Picked up on the 30th May!

2013 '13' Plate - Audi TT 1.8 TFSI S Line Roadster | Ibis White | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather/Suede with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim

Gone but won't be forgotten! 2011 '11' Plate - Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line | Ibis White | Privacy Glass | iPod Dock | Xenon Headlights with LED DRL | Half Leather with Silver Stitching | Brushed Aluminium Trim | S3 Pedals

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH Floob my advice is to get an interim runner as its 2011 already & new chassis is slated for 2012, save your dosh, wait for the new one as it will have some nice tech I reckon & then save all that money whilst waiting, a cheap 2.0tdi would suffice for now imho which base will be what 6-8k, but if your impatient, buy a newer chassis car, if you consider mk6 aka mk5.5 a new car, then go for that or a rocco.

Banned

Status
    We had a loaner 1.2TFSi 105bhp A3 for a week....... it was not a great experience TBH.

events moderator

Status
    they do a 1.2T 8P as well - it's got more power but a 1.2 is a 1.2

in any event i wasn't suggesting going for the 1.2, and i'm sure you wouldn't suggest going for the 1.2 8P
    i bet the car tax is cheap as hell tho , not everybody wants power some like the cheap tax just not me i wish i went for the 2.0tdi 140 s-line they had when i bought mine doh doh doh oh well we live and learn eh