Looking to get new (or nearly new) sport or black.

Floob

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see about a new (or nearly new) 3 door petrol sport or black.
I'm guessing there will be a 6 month wait on this?

Is there a new model on the horizon, or any other reason the above isnt worth waiting for.
Looking at about £20k

I've looked about on autotrader and ebay, but there just doesnt seem to be that many about?

Thanks for any input

Floob.

there is a new model on the horizon... 2012ish.

get a Golf if you want a new car, otherwise wait.

just my 2p, i reckon someone will be along to provide an also perfectly valid reason why you should get an 8P. weigh up the options and decide for yourself

just my 2p, i reckon someone will be along to provide an also perfectly valid reason why you should get an 8P. weigh up the options and decide for yourself

Go get a Golf Sub:moa:

is this golf-sport.net NO its AUDI-sport.net sub lol, if you can wait till 2012 for the new model to come out then wait otherwise the 8p is a awesome car but get a s-line or black edition if you can find one they are much better than the standard models and the sport's and for 20k you should get a really nice nearly new a3 or a reasonable spec but remember when buying a brand new audi nearly everything is an opition so if you tick alot of boxes then the price goes up very quickly indeed on a brand new a3

in isolation it's not that the 8P is a bad car, and definitely a good 2nd hand buy. but if i had the money for a new 8P 2.0T or a Golf GTI i'd be giving my money to a showroom with a big VW on the front of it. aside from anything else, it's got a newer and more powerful engine and an electronic diff which the A3 doesn't have.

i agree that Black Edition is better than S-Line, which in turn is better than Sport. and yes, extras are expensive so be careful!

i have to admit tho i do like the mk6 golf gtd and the gti

i'd only have those models tbh, and the Golf R but i'd stick a GTI bodykit on it because it looks so much better lol

and the Golf R but i'd stick a GTI bodykit on it because it looks so much better lol

Do I detect a contradiction in reference to past comments regarding bodykits?

i'd be making my car look like a LOWER model, which isn't quite so bad as making a regular A3 look like an S3

Last edited:
Waiting list for GTD and GTi Golf Mk6 can be around 6 months depending on options.

Bet bet is to find a demo car for sale or go for the Sport model as the waiting list on those isn't too bad. Again depends on your spec requirements...

Cut how you like, same thing whichever way you put it, game over.

Best bet is to find a demo car for sale or go for the Sport model as the waiting list on those isn't too bad. Again depends on your spec requirements...

Thanks for that. I may well go sport then. I dont have any killer requirements, 3 door petrol that will last well, I'd like things like DIS, lighting pack, xenon lights though - have to see what price I'm looking at

There doing a 1.2T 85 BHP Golf, considering one now? :)

There doing a 1.2T 85 BHP Golf, considering one now? :)

they do a 1.2T 8P as well - it's got more power but a 1.2 is a 1.2

in any event i wasn't suggesting going for the 1.2, and i'm sure you wouldn't suggest going for the 1.2 8P :p

Yeh, they do the 105 in the golf aswell - Did have me wondering would the 85bhp be going in the A3 - Bluemotion?

The 1.2T was available when I ordered, and the dealer said it's a smooth, great engine - even though he said he hasn't driven one! :)

That's why I went for the 1.4T, provides more than enough power - and good mpg, did look at the diesel but I didn't fancy the diesel sound noise - but loved the pull! But I would of had a year old S3 if other factors hadn't influenced this choice!

TBH Floob my advice is to get an interim runner as its 2011 already & new chassis is slated for 2012, save your dosh, wait for the new one as it will have some nice tech I reckon & then save all that money whilst waiting, a cheap 2.0tdi would suffice for now imho which base will be what 6-8k, but if your impatient, buy a newer chassis car, if you consider mk6 aka mk5.5 a new car, then go for that or a rocco.

We had a loaner 1.2TFSi 105bhp A3 for a week....... it was not a great experience TBH.

they do a 1.2T 8P as well - it's got more power but a 1.2 is a 1.2

in any event i wasn't suggesting going for the 1.2, and i'm sure you wouldn't suggest going for the 1.2 8P :p
i bet the car tax is cheap as hell tho , not everybody wants power some like the cheap tax just not me i wish i went for the 2.0tdi 140 s-line they had when i bought mine doh doh doh oh well we live and learn eh