S3 8P3 = DRL

david7m

Reaction score
Hi

Stupid question, but if the car is an 8P3, does this automatically mean it has DRL's?

Cheers,
Dave

any 8P3 with Xenons has the LED DRLs. all S3s come with Xenons as standard

i'm waiting for paddy to come along and say "no, but the S3 has fairy drivers"

i'm waiting for paddy to come along and say "no, but the S3 has fairy drivers"

Bud-Dum-Tsssss.....

You stole his punchline...

The fairy lights are the blight of new cars IMO. Even worse, some put time, effort amd money to retrofit these things.:sadlike:

they don't ALWAYS look bad... i wasn't particularly fond of the 8P3's at first, but if i do a Xenon upgrade i'm gonna go the whole hog and do the front end.

or i might just buy that Mk6 GTI i wanted in the first place lol

But why have lights on in the day?

If you dont live in Skandinavia in the Winter?

cheers
Paul

even in the UK you can't deny that cars with LEDs stand out more - if you see them better you're less likely to crash into them.

HOWEVER i do wonder if the same applies when ALL cars have DRLs. do they not stand out because they're different? the human brain is very VERY good at filtering out background rubbish (for example pressure on the soles of your feet, and it's also the reason why if you listen carefully fire alarms have an irregular beat so you don't start ignoring them)

so only time will tell if they're any good... tbh it won't be long before cars all drive themselves and know where each other are on a massive network anyway.

its going to be law soon i think to have drl's on your car have you noticed how many new cars have them now even ford have joined in too lol

that's my point. in the next few years they'll all have them - and i wonder if then they will still stand out

To answer the OP's question, which no-one has actually managed yet...

Yes, all 8P3 models have DRLs. If you spec Xenons then these are the LED variety, otherwise with standard halogens then you get the normal non-LED variety.

A lot of people seem to equate "DRL" with "LED" and forget that you still get non-LED ones with Halogens.

first is halogen drl's and the second is led's
40825_440931955928_515360928_4751066_3757294_n.jpg
09_a3.jpg

To answer the OP's question, which no-one has actually managed yet...

had a bad day lol? read the thread title, then read the first two replies :p

Last edited:
When I get in my '06 8P...first thing I do......TURN ON THE FULL LIGHTS!!

Why....habit from the bike.

See and be SEEN!!

you can get the drl's on old a3 too you know ive got them on mine and its a 2004 model , saves me turning them on all the time haha , its a very simple setting on vag-com , they will be just like volvo's and saab's the headlights and taillights are on all the time

had a bad day lol? read the thread title, then read the first two replies :p

Ah LOL - I totally missed the "S3" in the title and presumed the question was whether all 8P3s came with DRLs of some description.

Oops - my bad :(

I'm waiting for paddy to come along and say "no, but the S3 has fairy drivers"

Sorry chaps I'm slipping :)

I'm toning down my S3 attacks because the more i look around the more i realise how good it is compared to the opposition. that said, its still silly money for a spec'd one :)

If i didn't already have something better i would buy one.................."FIGHT" !!!!!! :)

Sorry chaps I'm slipping :)

I'm toning down my S3 attacks because the more i look around the more i realise how good it is compared to the opposition. that said, its still silly money for a spec'd one :)

If i didn't already have something better i would buy one.................."FIGHT" !!!!!! :)

The force is strong in this one