Servicing Help Please Need To Get The Parts By Saturday.

DSG TDI

Reaction score
Hi ive got a 2004 a3 2.0 tdi 140 sport and i need to change the rear discs and pads and give it a service. My dad has bought the right caliper wind back tool but do you need a special tool for the sump plug or is it a normal bolt?. Also we are not sure what size discs to get as it comes up with two different sizes for the 2.0 tdi. and finaly what oil should i be using.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Pete.

Need to know the PR number from inside the cover of the service book

It will be 1Z?

Oil type is stated in your Driver manual

Sorry mate ive got no numbers starting with 1Z

These are the Audi codes for brakes. Are you sure you have nothing like them ?

1ZBLightweight Disc Brakes, Front1ZCDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZDDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZEDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZFDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZGDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZHDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZJDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZKDisc Brakes, Front1ZLDisc Brakes, Front1ZMDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZNDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZPDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZQDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZRDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZSDisc Brakes, Front (Geomet D)1ZTDisc Brakes, Front

As you can see they all begin with 1Z.

My 2006 Sportback is 1ZP. I can give you the brake disc size for that but unless you can be specific I can't get any nearer.

Sorry

Thought you said you didn't have any 1Z's !!!!!!

1KQ = rear disc size 253 x 10 MM 5/112
1ZE = front disc size 288 x 25 MM 5/112
J1D = 72 Amp hour battery !

Hope you get sorted !

thanks mate are you sure its 253 for the rears as most websites are saying 255 mm ?.

ok thanks very much for your help mate is that an audi part number?.