Side damaged, HELP

mikex709

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I discovered this dent on my car this morning, as you can imagine i wasn't happy about it. Some **** scraped the drivers side of my A3 2.0 TDI (170) 2007, i suspect its a truck or van with bit of metal poking out from the side of their vehicle. I need to get another side strip (shown in red box) and get dent pushed out, does anyone have a part number and and estimated cost of repair?

Thanks in advance

Caught the bottom of your door too. I hate people.
Price of repair is HIGHLY dependent on who you get to do it. Someone will say they've had a similar job done for £100, others £500+. Just depends. Best to get it down to a few bodyshops and get some quotes for comparison.

All the best.

I'm sure someone would be willing to bodge it up for you, the problem is it's right on a curve with a feature line going right through it and next to where the frame is joined to the skin making it very strong with little or no access when doorpad is off. Like Aythreee says i'm sure someone would've had a similar job done for £100 so guess you could ask them when they say i'm full of **** !! ha
The fact that your on this site generally means you have an interest in your car so it's entirely up to you how to approach it, pay £100 to get it full of bodge, get your insurance to pay and get a mint job, or polish the white marks off and forrget about it !!!

I recently bought that bottom piece for mine and although there is not much to it its nearly 50 quid and comes in primer ready to paint,once you take the damaged one off and get the dent out best you can from behind bit of reshaping and paint blown in will be good as new shop around for good painter.

Ive got a similar dent done by a kerb, I was quoted £160 to fix it and wasn't aware you could buy a new sill so cheap?

dentb.jpg

£160 sounds cheap for that, dont think that will be fitting a new sill

Ste - that was pulling the dent out and painting by a mate.

Mike your right, Its not the kerbs fault........****** lowering springs lol! Nah too be honest I was lucky i got away with that damage as the kerb was about a foot high, the alloy was unharmed.

Scotty i presumed BACKSTEP was on about the sill? maybe he was talking about another bit.

Mick

Thanks for the advice guys, i cant claim on insurance since it's high as it is. I'll take my beloved car to a few body shops and get some quotes.