Door out of line after new wing fitted

Beardo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I had a new wing fitted to my car a while ago after a little mishap and i noticed when i got above 70 i could hear wind whistling in through the top of the window. I finally got round to checking it out and it seems the door has been re-fitted a little low (about 2-3 mm) but because of this the seals aren't seating correctly at the top of the door.

I need to adjust the door by those few mm, is it an easy job or am i going to have to take it back to the garage? I really want to avoid the garage if possible as it was done through the insurance and they are half way across the country.

Is the door sitting ok when you look at the line that runs along the length of the side of the car ie in relation to the line on the wing & rear quarter? I had a look at Elsa & it doesnt say how to move the whole door up & down but it tells you how to lift the window frame in relation to the door - this is used to reduce wind noise. Unfortunately you need a special template tool to measure it and then undo two screws, one at either end of the door (front & back).

Hi Khufu,

If you look at the line you can see a definitive drop from the rear quarter to the locking end of the door.
where did you find the info mate? did it say where i can get the tool?

Sounds to me like lock end of the door has dropped a little rather than the whole door so it probably just a case of moving the top hinge forward a tad. Its trial and error but open the door wide, mark exactly where the top hinge is on the body and then slacken it off a bit and half close the door so you can lift the lock end thus moving the hinge forward a fraction.

i've had a door that was out of alignment on my 1.6... i didn't know how it had happened tho i recently found out that my sister had crashed it when i was abroad and my dad got it fixed quick before i got back :banghead:

took it back to Audi who lifted it a little. it can be adjusted as paddy has said. if it's had work done to it then definitely take it back to the guys who did the work.