Concert 2 to Concert 2

Reaction score
Hey guys i want to update my concert 2 to a concert 3 can you please tell me from where can i buy the adapting cables?

Many thanks,
ANdi

In short, it cant be done. I tried to upgrade from Symphony II to Concert III and found out the hard way.

The new style radio (with the swing locking arm) uses different power points so one of the wires from the adapter needs to be piggy-backed to provide power to the radio. But you also then have problems with the radio as the wiring is different... I'll try find the thread I created so you can have a look through...

I know that concert III uses a diversity antena but on my concert II i already have installed one :)

I don't think it was the diversity antenna thats the problem, you'll have to replace the antenna boosters that are located in the boot of the car.

But as you can see from that thread, you may not have any issues, and being in Romania the whole picking up radios etc could be a different ball game.

If you go ahead with it, the adapter you need is: AUDI RNS-E adapter A3 A4 A6 Diversity antenna 0141 on eBay (end time 04-Feb-11 14:19:49 GMT)

and the above thread will give you info on what wire you'll need to piggy-back. Good luck.

I already have that kit since my car had for a couple of months a rns-e that i've sold, so it's a plug and play thing but the problem that will remain it will be with the diversity antena?

Im not sure if it is the diversity antenna that will cause the problems, I just got told that doing the install will affect the radio due to the radio from a Concert 3 being of a different kind the radio from a Conert 2. NHN talks about it in the above thread, but as also mentioned, you may not have any problems - all depends if you want to try and find out!