Very happy new S3 Owner, already 'refining' it!

dave_garnz

Reaction score
Hi, been looking at this forum for a while.

Have owned my S3 for nearly a month. Managed to find a well specced car but was in Scotland (I'm on the south coast of the UK.) Luckily one of my friends offered to pick the car up and drive it back.

Anyway it's a 57 plate, Phantom Black, Black leather Audi Bucket Seats, Bose stereo, ipod, bluetooth, Manual, flat bottom stereo, Black styling pack etc.

I've got to say that I love this car straight out of the box. It's the first Audi I've owned and love the interaction of the stereo, bluetooth, computer etc, the comfort, the drivability etc etc.

At work we have accounts with most of the tuning companies. So Far:

I have put genuine 19"x9" Speedline alloys on which were a bit of an ebay find :busted_cop: We mapped it with a Revo Stage 1 upgrade.

However since we mapped it the clutch has started slipping. This combined with a slightly raspy exhaust I've just ordered a Sachs uprated clutch and a Decat non resonated Milltech turbo back system. We're also Forge dealers so we're going for a Forge Twintercooler and we'll upgrade the map to a Stage 2. Also going to fit KW springs to try and eliminate some of that front arch gap :sadlike:

Stage 2+ will happen but maybe not for another month or so.

Love the car, have decided not to drive it until the pipe and uprated clutch are fitted, which will happen end of this week or beginning of next. Will keep you posted and will get some pics(and maybe some videos) up in the next couple of days. :detective2:

Sounds as if you're already having fun...hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

I don;t know who you plan to use for your remaps etc,but I can recommend AMD very highly for the work they've done on mine,and the backup,and general enthusiasm,but reading your post it seems you may already be fixed.

Good luck and have fun.

you've not hung about!!
sounds like your going to have a pretty sorted car within a few weeks!

sounds like a nice car with some very nice options on it esp the buckets , oh and :sign_welcome: to the forum matey hope it helps you as much as it has helped me over the years

Welcome mate and as jungleman said you haven't hung about!!

I have had mine for almost 5 months now and is my first Audi and have to agree it is pretty amazing. I really want to get a remap done as well but just haven't had the chance lately. I am hoping to get a few days off work soon so will get it booked in.

Look forward to the pics.

I'll put sum pics up tomorrow with the speedlines on and the others will be in a few days :blackrs4:

Sounds like a nice vehicle and you havent hung about on the mods!!

I'm intregued - south coast location and at work you have accounts with most of the tuning companies.......

Where are you from?

Needs a bit of a clean esp. inside. Also had to order 5mm spacers all round. Should all be done by this time next week :thrashi:

Last edited:
Lovely car man. I have mij speedlines refurbed now and can't wait for the summer.

I Have the 8,5 and didn't know 9J would fit. Isn;t the car much slower with the wheels?
What tire size is on it?

Have fun with it

Lovely car man. I have mij speedlines refurbed now and can't wait for the summer.

I Have the 8,5 and didn't know 9J would fit. Isn;t the car much slower with the wheels?
What tire size is on it?

Have fun with it

Cheers Paul, to be fair I haven't really driven it with those on so can't comment. Dan the head tech at my work reckons they need 5mm spacers and they'll be ok so I'll keep you posted. They're 255/35/19 all round. I was running a set of Borbet 19s for a few days and they seemed fine - no notice in change of speed etc.

Needs a bit of a clean esp. inside. Also had to order 5mm spacers all round. Should all be done by this time next week :thrashi:

Another good example, love the buckets as well, also a massive fan of the black optics with Phantom Black, looks mean

Another good example, love the buckets as well, also a massive fan of the black optics with Phantom Black, looks mean

Cheers :) What is exactly is in the Black Optic pack? I know the grilles different but is there anything else?

You got puddle and footwell lights? If not I reckon you need some lol

Lovely car mate. Love the wheels.

Hi was this the s3 roundabout the glasgow area, done about 50k or 60k odd miles? If it was i was looking at that myself, was very very nice but i hadnt sold my own yet so couldnt make a move for it. It was only 25 mile up the road from me as well! I ended up getting one in Nottingham. Coming by transporter next week. No bucket seats though boo hoo! They look well smart!

Cheers Paul, to be fair I haven't really driven it with those on so can't comment. Dan the head tech at my work reckons they need 5mm spacers and they'll be ok so I'll keep you posted. They're 255/35/19 all round. I was running a set of Borbet 19s for a few days and they seemed fine - no notice in change of speed etc.

255 will rub with lowering I think. 225/235 wide tires would make it look even better with a lowering. Loverly car man. Everytime I see these wheels on the S3 I am so happy I bought these wheels. OEM but so good looking.

FYI: I have these wheels (225/35/19 tires) just for the summer on my S3 Sportback, KW Coilovers and that will just fit I think (not fitted yet) and and the 5th of February I will get a custom remap and Seat Diverter. I expect around 310/320 HP. Enough because it will be used as a daily drive.

Just out of interest, somethings come up at work.....what would this be worth should I come to sell it? It's 100% confirmed my love for the Audi brand and the S3, but somethings come up at work and you know how it is!!