MPG on a 2.0TDi 170bhp Quattro ?

Red-Eye

Reaction score
Just before xmas I bought a '56 A3 2.0TDi 170Bhp Quattro S-line, loving it :yes:. What I would like to know is what sort of mpg are people getting from there Quattro's ?

I normally drive on A-Roads & through towns/villages & I'm seeing approx 38mpg on the 2nd trip computer & approx 41mpg on a trip to work (32mls).

I have added some injector cleaner to the last two tank fulls of fuel, just to see if it will improve the mpg & it looks like it might have but only by about 1 or 2mpg :(.

Before you ask I have looked through the old posts :), Cheers.

Don't have a Quattro, but i'm getting between 48-51ish mpg from my 2WD 56' A3 2.0TDI 170hp.

I added various "injector cleaners" to my previous car, MK4 Golf 1.9TDI, didn't see any difference so haven't bothered with the A3.

Those figures sound similar to those we achieved from our 2008(08) Sline Quattro TDi 170. Newer model with CR engine (58 on)is slightly more economical and new CR with Stop Start even more so.

Comparing FWD with Audi is a little unfair.

i too have a 56 170 sline quattro, town mpg i get 35ish motorway to work and back 120miles 42-44mpg depending on speed 80 or 85

I have a 60 plate 170 s-tronic and getting 48mpg on my daily commute on similar roads to Red Eye

Your figures sound about right - it's not a very economical engine I'm afraid.

I have a 60 plate 170 s-tronic and getting 48mpg on my daily commute on similar roads to Red Eye
Is that on the DIS or using actual figures ? Seems to be a consensus that the mpg records a few ( about 5 ?? ) mpg higher than actual.

Is that on the DIS or using actual figures ? Seems to be a consensus that the mpg records a few ( about 5 ?? ) mpg higher than actual.

No that is not on the DIS (DIS showing 51), I have calculated the mileage over 2 brimmed tanks.

Not sure how the DSG/FWD MPG helps answer the OP Question. Quattro will be less economical generally than FWD but the extra cost is made up for in the smile factor ;-0

my 60 plate 170 Quattro is recording an average of between 46-49 mpg on the computer BUT when calculated tank to tank 'brilled'........is reading 4mpg too high!! This includes 50% motorwat miles at no more than 75mph. This is within the first 13000 miles so expect it to loosen up yet.

my 60 plate 170 Quattro is recording an average of between 46-49 mpg on the computer BUT when calculated tank to tank 'brilled'........is reading 4mpg too high!! This includes 50% motorwat miles at no more than 75mph. This is within the first 13000 miles so expect it to loosen up yet.

That sounds good. HAve you got Stop Start?

I have to agree with Vertigo1. I have just picked up my A4 TDI S Line (SE) 170 Quattro this week and on a 20 mile trip to work I just about hit 40mpg and sit in the low 30's in town, although I do have to admit that as I only just got it I am enjoy putting my foot down.

I've had my 170 TDi quattro about 3 weeks now - overall DIS average over about 1000 miles of mixed driving is 42mpg. If I reset it after it's warmed up and on a steady run then will see over 50, but can be in the 30s when engine cold and/or around town.

With my new GIAC extreme map I actually have so much low-midrange torque my mpg is amazing on 2.0TFSI...35mpg @80 mph on the motorway all day long...45 on a dual carriageway! And so much performance :-D

Those figures sound similar to those we achieved from our 2008(08) Sline Quattro TDi 170. Newer model with CR engine (58 on)is slightly more economical and new CR with Stop Start even more so.

Comparing FWD with Audi is a little unfair.

Seeing the later posts I think it is important to stress that 2010 CR 170 Tdi Quattro A3s are a fair bit more economical than the earlier models (we've had several, personally and on the fleet!).

Our old 2008 170 Q was always 'mid 30's' new CR Quattro with SS is early 40's at worst and 50+ driven carefully. I don't know what Audi have done but with the Cameron Tax on everything we are loving it.