auto mirror tilt (on park/reverse)

fuzion

Reaction score
does anyone know if this is possible on the s3's??

as its a standard feature in most golfs.. not impressed lol

It depends on the equipment level on the Golf.

I know on Skoda it is tied to having electric memory seats, I'm not sure if it's the same on the A3. Last time I looked at my car to see if it could be coded my door controllers were not listed in VCDS. Perhaps send them an email if you are a VCDS owner and ask.

i coded mine with this but it didnt work, considering i have heated lumbar support seats dont really see this one working with just a code

I remember NHN looking in to it. As said needed memory seats fitted & a cerain version of door modules too.

i think it's lame that it isn't a standard feature - even fairly modestly specced Golfs have it

My brothers e46 msport cabby has memory seats and that reverse mirror tilt thing... ill be honest with you its only good for reversing round a corner. other than that its absolutely useless i had to reverse it off the drive and i use the mirrors to judge distance from the pillar on my driveway wall and i have to basically lay on the passenger seat because it wont adjust whilst in reverse. how useless and over rated

My brothers e46 msport cabby has memory seats and that reverse mirror tilt thing... ill be honest with you its only good for reversing round a corner. other than that its absolutely useless i had to reverse it off the drive and i use the mirrors to judge distance from the pillar on my driveway wall and i have to basically lay on the passenger seat because it wont adjust whilst in reverse. how useless and over rated

i dunno about your brother's E46 but on my parents' Merc you can deactivate it momentarily for situations like that.

On my E46 you could deactivate this by putting the mirror switch in the position as if you were going to alter the drivers side mirror.

On my E46 you could deactivate this by putting the mirror switch in the position as if you were going to alter the drivers side mirror.

Same here my friend, was that your last car? Funny we both had E46's before A3's lol

My last car was a 320d sport saloon but the one with the dipping mirror was my 325ci sport convertible about 4 years ago!!

yes mine was on 318ci m-sport coupe, loved that car, sadly it met another head on lol

BMW 8 series had this feature as well.

I don't understand why this feature needs electric drivers seat with memory.
Shame, would really love this feature. I do it manually all the time when parking in work.