JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Unexpected RNS-E message - "police announcement"

Every now and then when playing mp3s from an SD card in my '08 S3 the music will stop and a black screen will come up on the satnav screen "Info. Important Message. Alarm!". This is accompanied with a message on the DIS saying something like "758 Test" (I forget the actual number). Nothing else happens but if I press the CD/DVD key the music starts playing again and that's it. Overall nothing to worry about really

Well today I was driving along and the music stopped again, only this time the DIS said "949 Test". I thought I hadn't seen this before so I didn't do anything. A few secs later a "ding dong" sound came from the speakers followed by a voice saying "Police announcement, caution, hazard ahead, slow down" on repeat.

Sure enough a bit further down the traffic had stopped and I saw the blue lights of a police car flashing. The traffic was stopped for a minute or 2 and then the police car sped off and we got going again.

I am a bit dumbfounded to be honest! Has this happened to anyone else? I have pics I took with my camera phone while stopped if anyone is interested. I am guessing it came through as an RDS update??

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    It's a TMC message. In other countries (Holland for one) these messages are used to warn drivers of speed traps.
    What country are you in?

Neutral

Status
    UK. Never had it before and I've been driving this car for almost 3yrs, strange

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Yea i have had some strange traffic announcement recently on my RNSE., "Caution , slow moving traffic in 3 miles" was one. Congestion ahead 20 miles is a common one on the M25 regardless of whether there is any congestion...lol
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Congestion ahead 20 miles is a common one on the M25 regardless of whether there is any congestion...lol
    20 yards more like !!!! lol