Aluminium wing mirror covers fitted (pics)

Daz395

Reaction score
Saw a set of original aluminium wing mirror covers on ebay for £85 and snapped them up. What you think?

photo2-Copy2.jpg

Half done
photo1-Copy3.jpg

photo1-Copy2.jpg

photo2-Copy3.jpg

photo1-Copy4.jpg

Took around 25mins to swop over. Ive seen various how to's but the way i did it was to remove the black panel underneath the mirror casing first. This is held on by two small phillips screws. I then tilted the mirror downwards creating a gap above the mirror.
You can then get your fingers above the glass and below via the removed panel and pull. The cover then slid upwards and off.
Fitting was the reverse.:yes:

looks very nice but do you realise that a hell of alot of people have had there's nicked off there S3's recently so yours could infact be one of our dear members that got nicked off there cars not long ago sorry to put it like that its just the truth mate no offence meant in the slightest just a fact

You are right but every part on ebay has come from somewhere. It was an established ebayer who seemed genuine, he knew original cost from stealer etc. Many people do upgrade using aftermarket parts which they sell on when they change cars.

Personally I've started to hate the things. This is why they are no longer on my car.

I wont be getting rid of any original parts so can always change back. Only had car a week so my preferences may change, we'll see. Thanks for your thoughts.

how easy is it to take the casing off - i need to respray one of mine?
cheers

Very easy. I explained how i did it under my pics above. I was quite worried and cautious doing the first, the second took only a few minutes. Any questions please ask.

the hardest thing is to get the mirror glass out without braking it i broke both of mine when i took them off to spray mine black doh!!

Aren't the more recent ones now plastic? tapping them assumed they were

Pretty sure all the 8P shape mirrors are plastic, just the early 8L and S4/RS4 ones that were actually aluminium

It doesnt matter anyway, Audi still charge a fortune for them whether they are plastic or not

Pretty sure all the 8P shape mirrors are plastic, just the early 8L and S4/RS4 ones that were actually aluminium

It doesnt matter anyway, Audi still charge a fortune for them whether they are plastic or not

ah thought it wasn't just me.... took great pride in the fact that i had genuine Alu's and now its of no consequence :( and i gather they are just as stealable as always

Sure what I fitted were aluminium. They were a lot heavier than the black plastic ones i took off.