Volks AutosEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thelomondaudigroup On Twitter Add thelomondaudigroup on Facebook Visit thelomondaudigroup's Youtube Channel Visit thelomondaudigroup's Instagram Channel

What Steering Wheel ECU?

Hi Guys,

As previous post I'm doing the FBMFSW, I have Steering Wheel 8P0 419 091 CR, Airbag 8J0 880 201 L 6PS

Can anyone point me in direction of the part numbers I need for Steering Wheel ECU & Multi-Function Adapter? And anything else required?

Thanks in advance
    Chris
    Last edited by thelomondaudigroup; 11th January 2011 at 17:09.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    As previous post ? Give us a clue mate - what year car and what do you have at the moment ?

Are you sure that airbag will fit the wheel? The airbag part number quoted for that wheel is 8J0 880 201 J

What steering ecu have you already got ?

Answers to these questions will help answer your questions.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm just down the road from you. I will check tomorrow in daylight what is fitted to my car as I had to fit new slip ring & steering module to my A3 when going for the MF wheel & at a later date worked fine when I added cruise control.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow thelomondaudigroup On Twitter Add thelomondaudigroup on Facebook Visit thelomondaudigroup's Youtube Channel Visit thelomondaudigroup's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mike foster View Post
    As previous post ? Give us a clue mate - what year car and what do you have at the moment ? Car is 2007 (57) S3

Are you sure that airbag will fit the wheel? The airbag part number quoted for that wheel is 8J0 880 201 J It fits into the steering wheel I have, yes.

What steering ecu have you already got ? I don't know the part number of the control unit I have as I would need to remove the steering wheel?

Answers to these questions will help answer your questions.
    Sorry should have added that I suppose, cheers.

Khufu - Some people have said they have needed one, but then other posts say they dont, also the same with the control unit.. I'd appreciate that if you could mate, what Make/Model/Year is yours?

Fossie

Status
    Assuming the airbag and wheel are ok you will need :-

Steering ecu part number - 8P0 953 549 F (may already have this)

Wiring harness part number 8J0 971 589 B (unless it's already attached to the airbag )

Return slip ring part number 1K0 959 653 D (may already have this)

Check with VCDS the steering ecu you have because you need to know what is fitted to your actual car (they vary a lot).

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH chances are S3 07 will be fitted with these, steering cu to be 100% sure would be as Mike says vcds job, slip ring visibly check to be 100% spot on, but again tbh if the steering cu is the F then the slip ring is usually the D.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Cheers guys this is a great help, found someone local with VCDS so will maybe get them to do that and post back in this.

Thanks again.