JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Dealing with an OCD

Status

3mm wheel spacer recommendations?

I've finally taken delivery of my VMR VB3's,had them fitted with new rubbers on Saturday,and the rears are rubbing on a rough bit of casting on the brake callipers.

They've got a groove about 2mm deep by 4mm wide in them now :-(...at least they're lighter!

Should i attempt to rub down the faulty casting on the callipers,or fit 3mm shims? Any shim recommendations?

Shame the damage is already done,although they do look sweet!

Pics to follow...

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    get some pics up!!! and ouch! yeh get some spacers i reckon!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

1st Gear

Status
    3mm spacers are offered from Forge as far as I know and I think they are hub-centric as well.

Dealing with an OCD

Status

In the next photo you can just make out the caliper damage as a white scrape where the caliper touches the wheel

Again,you can just make out the scrape on the rear of the alloy,centre of photo
    Last edited by Fast,not furious; 11th January 2011 at 13:11.

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

6th Gear

Status
    gorgeous wheels!! look like the M3 CSL's
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    gorgeous wheels!! look like the M3 CSL's
    Cheers Jungleman,if you look closely you'll see a little rectangular recess for the M3 badge!

1st Gear

Status
    They look AMAZING!!! how much were they if you dont mind me asking?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    Cheers Jungleman,if you look closely you'll see a little rectangular recess for the M3 badge!
    yea i did notice that, was wondering what it was for
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GConn View Post
    3mm spacers are offered from Forge as far as I know and I think they are hub-centric as well.
    45 notes though! Yikes

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, all good brand spacers are expensive though

1st Gear

Status
    Correction. 3mm-5mm-8mm Forge spacers are not hubcentric