Foggy Headlight - remedy?

R

Reedswood

Hi

Great to have found you guy's!:anbet:

Wondered if anyone could suggest of a quick remedy to conquer a foggy headlight, and hopefully, stop it from reocurring again? I don't want to buy a new one really!

Thanks!

I took mine out, stripped it down completely (carefully ! ) and cleaned the whole of the inside glass.

Made sure it was dry using a hair drier and put it all back together with silicone sealant around the glass.

Most of the time it's ok but still clouds up sometimes depending on the weather conditions.

Goes away in warmer weather !

Ooooops - sorry mate - just re-read your post and you were asking about headlight. I was talking about foglight !!! :blush:

I suppose it might be the same principle but don't know if you can take it apart. Could use the hairdrier trick though !

Good luck !

Before a longish dry night drive, remove the access panels on the back of the headlight and the heat from the bulbs will dry them out nicely. Pop the covers back on at the end of the journey to stop any more damp getting back in....

as mike says is a good idea we have done a few like that in work but if you do take it make sure you seal it properly otherwise you might end up with it happening again otherwise as alfie said or even with a hairdryer take off the cover at the back and the bulb and see if you can get rid of it through the where the bulb goes