Which is better 3,2 TT or A3 3.2 DSG

cejsmith

Reaction score
I'm think of buying a new car upto about £25 K and I've looked a both cars. Any opions which will be better? A3 3.2 don't seem to hold there value very well, so you can pick a second hand one up for about £22k where as a TT will cost about £24k.

I had a 225 TT( Y reg) in the past which was nice to look at but not much fun to drive. Have they improved? ( can't really tell in a 1/2 hour test drive).

Also to throw into the mix, they have released a 2.0 TDI quattro, that could be a look of fun when chipped. Any one driven one?

Thanks

Well, this is down to preferene really but I preferred the A3 to the 3.2 TT. I found the TT a bit front heavy and understeery. I traded out of a Boxster but needed the practicality of the A3 so that made my mind up, but to be honest, I preferred the TT 225 to the TT 3.2 anyway!...

TBH although I had a TT I'd go for the A3. The handling/suspension/etc will be about 5 years more modern that the getting on chassis on the TT plus from a depreciation point of the new A3 should hold better than the TT which will be replaced in a year or two.

That's the sensible stuff but it depends what your heart tells you.

TT all the way.
It out easily handles my TDi Sport. Depreciation wise, you've said it all, and you'll never get tired of looking at those looks.

You could always look at an Impreza STI for that money .......?
However you wont be able to
A) Remove the grin and
B) Park it anywhere

Go for the A3

I driven a S2000, great car but, I'm 6'2' so I'm a little big for it.

Just taken a GOLF GTI out , seems very nice,any one driven the A3 2.0T?