Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    You couldn't be more correct...

Some beers + mounting S3 braking don't go together...

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    did you try measuring the length of the carrier lug mounts that are part of the S3 set up and comparing them to your standard carriers, I presume the s3 lugs would be quite a bit longer from the mounting hole to the caliper to space it out farther to take into account the larger diamater disc compared with the standard one, just a thought...
    Votex Front Lip | 19" RS4 Anthracite | S3 Rear Valance | S3 Pedals | Votex Spoiler | H&R 35MM | LED Sidelights | Alcantara DTM Steering Wheel | S2000 Locost race car !

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    micasb - That was indeed the story I was trying to demonstrate through the medium of emoticons!

locost47 - Yes, the difference in disc radius (i.e. 144mm to 172.5mm) should largely be taken up by the lugs on the carrier. More precisely, the distance from the mounting hole to the top of the pad inside the caliper. I don't have the two different calipers off the car to measure, but since the caliper/disc combo don't fit my hub carrier, measuring them won't help them fit. I have wondered about having the diameter of the discs machined down enough for them to fit inside the calipers.
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    I have wondered about having the diameter of the discs machined down enough for them to fit inside the calipers.
    I wouldnt do that mate, you'd have to do this each time for new discs & also what about the pads as these are matched to the disc oem state, for me its creating more problems for now & future wise.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

2nd Gear

Status
    I still don't undrstand hoe on earth that doesn't fit...
    The only way for that not to fit is if you had the front braking from a 1.9tdi, but for that you would have to get the 280mm braking...
    This is becoming a bit of a mistery as it's the first time i know about a 2.0tdi having issues on assembling S3 braking :o

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    NHN - Correct, that's the downside that stopped chucking my discs to a machining friend of mine. No problem for me, but not great for the next owner. The pads would be okay though from what I remember.

micasb - Tell me about it!
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123