Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    5th Gear

Status

S3 Sill plates - Kick Plates - Entry guards

Ok the S3 labeled entry strip that greets you when door is opened?

Anyone ever bought these for S3 skirt conversion or even replacement? Just want to get a idea of the price for a 3door set

thanks in advance
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    They have the s-line ones here for Ł120ish (to give you an idea):

Original Audi A3 S3 8P Limo S-Line Einstiegsleisten on eBay (end time 26-Jan-11 14:01:29 GMT)

Chris
    Car: Phantom Black A3 2.0 TFSI S-Line BLACK EDITION, 3-door, manual

Gievf Buckets

Status
    theyre about 130 quid each, why not go for the ones marked audi exclusive

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

5th Gear

Status
    Ł130 each? Jesus lol
    Last edited by Smoothie; 8th January 2011 at 18:13.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i know i nearly treated myself but when i heard that price sod that
    Last edited by voorhees; 8th January 2011 at 19:17. Reason: language timothy

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    i know i nearly treated myself but when i heard that price **** that
    im gonna need them for the S3 skirts, so guess might have to bite the bullet lol you wouldn't happen to have the part numbers mate?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    im gonna need them for the S3 skirts, so guess might have to bite the bullet lol you wouldn't happen to have the part numbers mate?
    someone mentioned trimming the S-Line ones. might be a better bet - cheaper and not false advertising
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    someone mentioned trimming the S-Line ones. might be a better bet - cheaper and not false advertising
    in terms of false advertising the metal strip can always be replaced or an s-line put over it, but its the actual plastic piece that sits there, no point in starting to hack up the original, may as well do it right and have a tidy job at the end of it

Gievf Buckets

Status
    i think trimming alignment tabs of the sline ones will allow a like for like fit

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    i think trimming alignment tabs of the sline ones will allow a like for like fit
    really? well ive got all the other parts required so i guess i could go ahead with the painting/fitting and then look at them, if trimming the s-line ones isnt a tidy job then il just bite the bullet with the S3 ones as want it to look spot on

2nd Gear

Status

6th Gear

Status
    in terms of false advertising the metal strip can always be replaced or an s-line put over it, but its the actual plastic piece that sits there, no point in starting to hack up the original, may as well do it right and have a tidy job at the end of it
    fair shout!
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

5th Gear

Status
    Anybody used that seller before? They look the real thing, and so cheap compared to the Ł125 each here, ive just never bought from ebay.de

2nd Gear

Status
    Anybody used that seller before? They look the real thing, and so cheap compared to the Ł125 each here, ive just never bought from ebay.de
    I used them for gear knob and hand brake handle. No probs with them at all.

Chris

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by evapor8 View Post
    I used them for gear knob and hand brake handle. No probs with them at all.

Chris
    Ahh nice one mate, was it the same seller? just want to be making sure they are not s-line ones with the metal logo/plate swapped over at the price lol

6th Gear

Status
    Ahh nice one mate, was it the same seller? just want to be making sure they are not s-line ones with the metal logo/plate swapped over at the price lol
    with 55000 positive feedback i doubt he's a crook. i get the impression the German sellers are generally more trustworthy than the Brit users of eBay

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

2nd Gear

Status

Yep, definitely that seller. Everything was fine.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    with 55000 positive feedback i doubt he's a crook. i get the impression the German sellers are generally more trustworthy than the Brit users of eBay
    no i doubt he's a 'crook' but saves to be cautious when you don't speak the lingo to read through/translate all his negative feedback lol

no i all seriousness seems exactly what i'm after, and perfectly legit was just passing comment

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3_sline_tdi View Post
    just found a set of these for Ł87.50 incl delivery bargain if there supposed to be Ł120 each. the company also sell s3 and mk2 tt vents brand new for Ł53.00 and are genuine audi. theres even s3 buckets but there Ł1,900 lol.
    care to post a link my friend??

5th Gear

Status
    just bought the ones in the link, they worked out Ł123 delivered which is excellent even if they are Ł125 - pair from audi as it saves me heading to garage lol

il let you know if they are correct, cheers lads

5th Gear

Status
    Ok forgot to report on these lol Ordered, Arrived and are 100% so good saving i think, would recommend the seller!

Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

Status
    Anyone know how to remove them from the car? how do they unclip?

Revo Stage 2+ - Miltek Non Res Turbo Back Exhaust - Evoms Intake - Autotech Fuel
    Pump - Forge DV - Sachs Clutch - BSH Engine/Gearbox Mounts - BSH PCV Mod - RS4
    FPR Valve - Airlift Performance Struts With Adjustable Top Mounts & Droplinks with Accuair Management - H & R Anti Roll Bars - 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushes - BBS E28 Magnesium Motorsport Wheels - Piano
    Black Optics Grill & Fogs - Piano Black Door Mirrors - Carbon Fibre Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser

5th Gear

Status
    No mate they are stuck down, it's a heating up and brute force session

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You really should remove the old sticky tape aswell, so they sit flush when fitting new or replacing sline with S3 ones, I'm sure they were cheaper than that tbh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    You really should remove the old sticky tape aswell, so they sit flush when fitting new or replacing sline with S3 ones, I'm sure they were cheaper than that tbh.
    Yes goes without saying that should all be removed when replacing, mine however will be going on to a brand new pair of skirts so no need worry about this lol

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The skirts are going over that area mate, so unless you want it raised slightly, remove any residue just to be sure, cause trust me once they're stuck down, those bar stewards only come of with force, usually bent aswell, I took the approach on cars now to pre-empt this issue, white spirit & blisters & takes a while as cant use thinner as to strong for the lacquer/paint, so spirit & water to wipe down after to make sure no lacquer damage, job done, looks perfect on number of cars.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes the area has been well prepared for the skirts to go on, my point was i'm not worried about fitting the kick plates to the new skirts

3rd Gear

Status
    Smoothie, can I ask where you got your S3 side skirts from mate and how much you paid?
    Looking for some for a Sportback
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mdre83 View Post
    Smoothie, can I ask where you got your S3 side skirts from mate and how much you paid?
    Looking for some for a Sportback
    i got the parts from TPS mate, 2x skirts, 2x door bottoms, 2x end caps and several other fittings which the guy at TPS said i would probably need! The body place that fitted them used most of the fittings so was glad i had that chat with TPS!

Thinking back it was about Ł380 with the actual skirts being about Ł220 of that so my advice to anyone would be get those second hand if you can and buy everything else brand new! Now in terms of a sportback mate you'll be looking at a figure closer to Ł700 brand new so sourcing the main skirts second hand and getting everything brand new will offer you a considerable saving

As a price guidance: In experience TPS is about the same price as Audi garage with employee discount 10%-20%

3rd Gear

Status
    Ł700! holy sh**
    I would fit them myself so should save a little there too. Just need to find some second hand.

Cheers mate.

i got the parts from TPS mate, 2x skirts, 2x door bottoms, 2x end caps and several other fittings which the guy at TPS said i would probably need! The body place that fitted them used most of the fittings so was glad i had that chat with TPS!

Thinking back it was about Ł380 with the actual skirts being about Ł220 of that so my advice to anyone would be get those second hand if you can and buy everything else brand new! Now in terms of a sportback mate you'll be looking at a figure closer to Ł700 brand new so sourcing the main skirts second hand and getting everything brand new will offer you a considerable saving

As a price guidance: In experience TPS is about the same price as Audi garage with employee discount 10%-20%
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mdre83 View Post
    Ł700! holy sh**
    I would fit them myself so should save a little there too. Just need to find some second hand.

Cheers mate.
    Yea there's no work in the fitting at all mate, i used a local audi approved body-shop and it only took them a couple of hours! Keep an eye out on ebay

Reverse Gear

Status

I realise this is an old thread but i could do with some input. I've bought and painted the skirts, door trims and the front end caps and just ordered the clips and stuff from TPS. But...... Ideally I don't want the S3 kick plates, would it be best to buy the Sline ones and try mod them and sikkaflex/glue/tape them down? Or buy the S3 ones and remove and replace the S3 chrome trim for the Sline trim? Would this even work?
    I'm gonna to write a fitting guide with plenty pics after, try put everything in one place!

Reverse Gear

Status

I've got a 3dr if it matters?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Problem is the S3 sill plate plastic trims are taller as such to go over the skirts when fitted, sline ones are to short & would leave a gap, also the inserts are stuck down like a weld, so end up damaging possibly upon removal, I'd still with S3 ones if I was you.

Reverse Gear

Status

I'll go for the S3 ones then cheers for the help! Chuffed to bits with the rear lights by the way!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Great news