S3 Sill plates - Kick Plates - Entry guards

Smoothie

Reaction score
Ok the S3 labeled entry strip that greets you when door is opened?

Anyone ever bought these for S3 skirt conversion or even replacement? Just want to get a idea of the price for a 3door set

thanks in advance

theyre about 130 quid each, why not go for the ones marked audi exclusive :)

i know i nearly treated myself but when i heard that price sod that

Last edited by a moderator:
i know i nearly treated myself but when i heard that price **** that

im gonna need them for the S3 skirts, so guess might have to bite the bullet lol you wouldn't happen to have the part numbers mate?

im gonna need them for the S3 skirts, so guess might have to bite the bullet lol you wouldn't happen to have the part numbers mate?

someone mentioned trimming the S-Line ones. might be a better bet - cheaper and not false advertising :thumbsup:

someone mentioned trimming the S-Line ones. might be a better bet - cheaper and not false advertising :thumbsup:

in terms of false advertising the metal strip can always be replaced or an s-line put over it, but its the actual plastic piece that sits there, no point in starting to hack up the original, may as well do it right and have a tidy job at the end of it

i think trimming alignment tabs of the sline ones will allow a like for like fit

i think trimming alignment tabs of the sline ones will allow a like for like fit

really? well ive got all the other parts required so i guess i could go ahead with the painting/fitting and then look at them, if trimming the s-line ones isnt a tidy job then il just bite the bullet with the S3 ones as want it to look spot on

in terms of false advertising the metal strip can always be replaced or an s-line put over it, but its the actual plastic piece that sits there, no point in starting to hack up the original, may as well do it right and have a tidy job at the end of it

fair shout!

I used them for gear knob and hand brake handle. No probs with them at all.

Chris

Ahh nice one mate, was it the same seller? just want to be making sure they are not s-line ones with the metal logo/plate swapped over at the price lol

Ahh nice one mate, was it the same seller? just want to be making sure they are not s-line ones with the metal logo/plate swapped over at the price lol

with 55000 positive feedback i doubt he's a crook. i get the impression the German sellers are generally more trustworthy than the Brit users of eBay

with 55000 positive feedback i doubt he's a crook. i get the impression the German sellers are generally more trustworthy than the Brit users of eBay

no i doubt he's a 'crook' but saves to be cautious when you don't speak the lingo to read through/translate all his negative feedback lol

no i all seriousness seems exactly what i'm after, and perfectly legit was just passing comment

just found a set of these for £87.50 incl delivery bargain if there supposed to be £120 each. the company also sell s3 and mk2 tt vents brand new for £53.00 and are genuine audi. theres even s3 buckets but there £1,900 lol.

care to post a link my friend??

just bought the ones in the link, they worked out £123 delivered which is excellent even if they are £125 - pair from audi as it saves me heading to garage lol

il let you know if they are correct, cheers lads

Ok forgot to report on these lol Ordered, Arrived and are 100% so good saving i think, would recommend the seller!

Anyone know how to remove them from the car? how do they unclip?

No mate they are stuck down, it's a heating up and brute force session

You really should remove the old sticky tape aswell, so they sit flush when fitting new or replacing sline with S3 ones, I'm sure they were cheaper than that tbh.

You really should remove the old sticky tape aswell, so they sit flush when fitting new or replacing sline with S3 ones, I'm sure they were cheaper than that tbh.

Yes goes without saying that should all be removed when replacing, mine however will be going on to a brand new pair of skirts so no need worry about this lol

The skirts are going over that area mate, so unless you want it raised slightly, remove any residue just to be sure, cause trust me once they're stuck down, those bar stewards only come of with force, usually bent aswell, I took the approach on cars now to pre-empt this issue, white spirit & blisters & takes a while as cant use thinner as to strong for the lacquer/paint, so spirit & water to wipe down after to make sure no lacquer damage, job done, looks perfect on number of cars.

Yes the area has been well prepared for the skirts to go on, my point was i'm not worried about fitting the kick plates to the new skirts

Smoothie, can I ask where you got your S3 side skirts from mate and how much you paid?
Looking for some for a Sportback

Smoothie, can I ask where you got your S3 side skirts from mate and how much you paid?
Looking for some for a Sportback

i got the parts from TPS mate, 2x skirts, 2x door bottoms, 2x end caps and several other fittings which the guy at TPS said i would probably need! The body place that fitted them used most of the fittings so was glad i had that chat with TPS!

Thinking back it was about £380 with the actual skirts being about £220 of that so my advice to anyone would be get those second hand if you can and buy everything else brand new! Now in terms of a sportback mate you'll be looking at a figure closer to £700 brand new so sourcing the main skirts second hand and getting everything brand new will offer you a considerable saving

As a price guidance: In experience TPS is about the same price as Audi garage with employee discount 10%-20%

£700! :faint: holy sh**
I would fit them myself so should save a little there too. Just need to find some second hand.

Cheers mate.

i got the parts from TPS mate, 2x skirts, 2x door bottoms, 2x end caps and several other fittings which the guy at TPS said i would probably need! The body place that fitted them used most of the fittings so was glad i had that chat with TPS!

Thinking back it was about £380 with the actual skirts being about £220 of that so my advice to anyone would be get those second hand if you can and buy everything else brand new! Now in terms of a sportback mate you'll be looking at a figure closer to £700 brand new so sourcing the main skirts second hand and getting everything brand new will offer you a considerable saving

As a price guidance: In experience TPS is about the same price as Audi garage with employee discount 10%-20%

£700! :faint: holy sh**
I would fit them myself so should save a little there too. Just need to find some second hand.

Cheers mate.

Yea there's no work in the fitting at all mate, i used a local audi approved body-shop and it only took them a couple of hours! Keep an eye out on ebay

I realise this is an old thread but i could do with some input. I've bought and painted the skirts, door trims and the front end caps and just ordered the clips and stuff from TPS. But...... Ideally I don't want the S3 kick plates, would it be best to buy the Sline ones and try mod them and sikkaflex/glue/tape them down? Or buy the S3 ones and remove and replace the S3 chrome trim for the Sline trim? Would this even work?
I'm gonna to write a fitting guide with plenty pics after, try put everything in one place!

Problem is the S3 sill plate plastic trims are taller as such to go over the skirts when fitted, sline ones are to short & would leave a gap, also the inserts are stuck down like a weld, so end up damaging possibly upon removal, I'd still with S3 ones if I was you.

I'll go for the S3 ones then cheers for the help! Chuffed to bits with the rear lights by the way!