Rear Brake Piston clock wise or anti clockwise

Beardo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Someone's probably already answered this somewhere but I need to order parts and don't have time to hunt for the answer.

Just about to replace rear pads, anyone know which way the pistons have to be screwed back in on an A3 05 plate 2.0TDI?
Apparently there are tools to go both ways, one is double the price of the other.

Ta

You go Clockwise dude.....

Im waiting for a caliper but had them apart to try and rescue them!

One other question,

Are there any torque bolts? size?

Sory im a dumbass! ive just realised that this is in the 8P section! I have an 8L!

the windback will be the same and as for torque bolts...... non i would say but there will be 8mm allen key bolts on the back of the carrier if you are changing the discs. 13mm spanner to undo the caliper bolts.....
Just take the bottom one out and loosen the top one, the caliper should lift up like a hinge.

not a prob mate.. hope it helps...

Cool, all standard stuff then.

First time I have changed a set of Pads in 10 years and thought I read somewhere that Audi had replaced some of the old allen key bolts with torque.

Thanks again mate

In that case i could be wrong... Don't quote me on the 8mm allen key bits then! lol

It's normally an idea to clean where the allen key fits with a think flat blade screwy and the gently tap the key in with a hitting stick.... they can rust abit so when you put them back in, a little copper grease on the threads will help....

If they are torque bits do the same but dont go mad gouging them....

have fun dude...

It's a clockwise rewind for the piston and the caliper to carrier bolts are 13mm with a 15mm for the nut between.

You shouldn't need to take the carriers off unless you're touching the discs, and they are male headed torx head bolts. Don't know the size.

Just tried change my discs and pads.

Disc was no problem but couldn't get the piston to go in.

tried using that tool that turns and push's the piston, after 15mins it was turning slowly but no going in.

Good job the pads had 3/4 left on them so I had to reuse them. The discs wer the real problem.