Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport

Thread: TDI 170 OIL

1st Gear

Status

TDI 170 OIL

OK The car has only done 800 miles but won't need topping up yet. The Car came with 1L of Castrol SLX Professional, but my daughter pinched it. So I need to buy some more. Looking on the web don't seem to be may places selling it ?
    I suppose I can pay through the nose and go to Audi dealer...Any one know of stockists or compatible replacement (assume it is synthetic). Have read on Halfords site that Castrol Edge is compatible ..?

Thks
    Last edited by musicegbdf; 8th January 2011 at 11:53. Reason: ammended
    Arrived 15 Dec 2010 A3 sportback TDI 170 Quattro sport in Ibis white.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I guess that any synthetic would be ok, but i too prefer to have just one brand in the engine.Personally my a4 came with shell helix 5/40, which is available at all shell stations making it easy to grab a litre...but at a price.I buy mine from ebay (as long as the sellers feedback is good obviously) and its a darn site cheaper
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by musicegbdf View Post
    OK The car has only done 800 miles but won't need topping up yet. The Car came with 1L of Castrol SLX Professional, but my daughter pinched it. So I need to buy some more. Looking on the web don't seem to be may places selling it ?
    I suppose I can pay through the nose and go to Audi dealer...Any one know of stockists or compatible replacement (assume it is synthetic). Have read on Halfords site that Castrol Edge is compatible ..?

Thks
    Don't assume Audi dealers are expensive. My dealer sells the oil cheaper than Halfords!!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Don't assume Audi dealers are expensive. My dealer sells the oil cheaper than Halfords!!
    Interesting, I have to say I just assumed. I'll check it out
    Arrived 15 Dec 2010 A3 sportback TDI 170 Quattro sport in Ibis white.