AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    JNP
    JNP's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    102

    New member - Audi+ Modding Newb First Ever Project

    Hi Guys,

    Joined the forums earlier in the week and mentioned I would be doing some basic mods in the welcome section so I thought I would create a thread on it (not sure if this is the right place?!).

    I'm a complete beginner to all of this so I may well use this thread when I have some questions (that aren't in the FAQ section -which is massive btw) or alternatively you can just use it for a laugh..

    These are the first pic's I have of the front and rear, taken at my missus' parents (which i abuse the huge driveway for *detailing* quite often )!!! I had already de-badged it before I took these but I will take more pics once it's all done.

    I know you're all going to be uber-eager to see the end results (lol) but it may take me a while!!



    Last edited by JNP; 7th January 2011 at 23:56.
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    nice car
    ... just one thing, if your wanting to block your plate... make sure you get all the pics... check the first one
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  4. #3
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,120
    hi welcome to the forum nice car mate love akoya silver oh and btw little hint blank out your reg number in photo's you dont have to be registered to view photo's
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  5. #4
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,120
    lol jungleman great minds think alike matey haha
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  6. #5
    JNP
    JNP's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    102
    ha i uploaded the wrong one of the front. "sigh".
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

  7. #6
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Hello mate and welcome, loss of badges and rear wiper are good places to start

    Anything else planned? Big or small
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  8. #7
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,146
    Nice clean motor there mate. First thing I'd tackle if I were you are the wheels. They are really dated now. I used to have the same ones and changing them made the world of difference.

    Yours look in pretty good nick so you should be able to sell them for a bit. Mine were kerbed to bits with crap tyres and I still managed to get 100 for them.

  9. #8
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,120
    changing the wheels is a must i ahd them on mine when i bought it they only lasted a day before i ordered some new rims lol i refurbed mine in work and got 185 with ok good tyres on ebay so you should be able to sell them easy enough
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  10. #9
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Hello mate and welcome, loss of badges and rear wiper are good places to start
    smoothie im starting to swing more towards the rear wiper delete as getting a new one is looking like a costly thing lol
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  11. #10
    JNP
    JNP's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    102
    pics amended - cheers jungleman + fnmrst!!

    Um yea the next big mods would probably be the wheels, they are in amazing condition really although the car has done very few miles for the age so thats probably a big factor. I will probabaly sell the standard sport ones on ebay like you say, along with the old style lights to help pay for the new bits.

    The only other thing I considered would be a re-map (concerned a little about the turbo being put under more strain?) and new coils.

    Smoothie - your sig pic was an inspiration for the wiper mate!
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

  12. #11
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,120
    i see in your sig it says mud flaps front and rear i got some they were around 50 for the lot from audi but that was with trade discount so they shouldnt be that expensive i wouldnt have thought and they are readily avail to they got delivered the next day
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  13. #12
    JNP
    JNP's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    102
    Just had a look and they are about 56 plus shipping on ebay for the lot so that a pretty cheap one. Would like to get those on before the rear wiper comes off!
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

  14. #13
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Nice car fella. I had a dual grille sport as well, and I was always rather fond of the wheels! They're certainly a damn sight easier to keep clean than my 14 spokes!

    Anyhow, I'd get on with a single grille front end - either S-Line or Sport with a Votex lip. Then get a rear spoiler and MY09+ rear bumper and some lowering

    Photos as you go mate, would be nice to see the progress

    S.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  15. #14
    FranA3's Avatar
    events moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    7,120
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post

    Anyhow, I'd get on with a single grille front end - either S-Line or Sport with a Votex lip. Then get a rear spoiler and MY09+ rear bumper and some lowering
    defo on my long list of to do mods lol
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!


  16. #15
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Welcome to the forum and car looks tidy. As said new alloys would make a difference and lowering springs.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  17. #16
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    ... on a side note, welcome to the permanently broke club, modding is an addiction & there are plenty of people here that will help you spend your money... not pointing any fingers yet... but you know who you are haha
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  18. #17
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    ... on a side note, welcome to the permanently broke club, modding is an addiction & there are plenty of people here that will help you spend your money... not pointing any fingers yet... but you know who you are haha
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  19. #18
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    thought you were gonna start pointing then Ash haha
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  20. #19
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    thought you were gonna start pointing then Ash haha
    lol no never
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  21. #20
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    haha good man, lets keep it that way
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  22. #21
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by JNP View Post
    Smoothie - your sig pic was an inspiration for the wiper mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by fnmrst View Post
    smoothie im starting to swing more towards the rear wiper delete as getting a new one is looking like a costly thing lol
    Ohh yes you'll not regret it boys, trust me couple coats of RainX as it's replacement

    Just my opinion mate but I wouldn't change the wheels just, with the salt on the roads etc save that mod for when the weather improves! I would do things like the facelift rear lights and some lowerage now lol
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  23. #22
    JNP
    JNP's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Posts
    102
    nice ideas there guys... i had read other peoples posts about how easy it is to part with your money modding your car but never thought it would be this addictive!

    at least there are plenty of examples on here that show its worth the money at the end of it i guess. who needs a deposit for a house anyway...........

    I will be sure to post pics as i go.
    S3 8L AMK 51' - V3 Badger TIP - Jetex Cone w/ Heatshield - Forge FMDV008 - DS2500 Front Pads - 312/256 Discs - HR Sportkit

  24. #23
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by JNP View Post
    nice ideas there guys... i had read other peoples posts about how easy it is to part with your money modding your car but never thought it would be this addictive!

    at least there are plenty of examples on here that show its worth the money at the end of it i guess. who needs a deposit for a house anyway...........

    I will be sure to post pics as i go.
    Yes it can get 'addictive' which is basically another word for 'expensive'
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  25. #24
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    you can mod your car relatively inexpensively, you just have to be patient & hunt around, deals come up and when they do, you have to be first in with cash ready to go... and of course if your able to do the work yourself, it helps loads!! thats my problem, im totally ham fisted so have to pay people to do the work for me, wish i didnt tho
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  26. #25
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    you can mod your car relatively inexpensively, you just have to be patient & hunt around, deals come up and when they do, you have to be first in with cash ready to go... and of course if your able to do the work yourself, it helps loads!! thats my problem, im totally ham fisted so have to pay people to do the work for me, wish i didnt tho
    yea but thats really just brainwash, because if you had 1k to spend and you got your BBS wheels 2nd hand for 500, you'll just spend the other 500 on a flat-bottom lol theres no end to it
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  27. #26
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Yes it can get 'addictive' which is basically another word for 'expensive'
    As smoothie said very addictive and expensive. I personal couldnt keep a car standard, I'd have to add my own little touch and i enjoy it anyway
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  28. #27
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    yea but thats really just brainwash, because if you had 1k to spend and you got your BBS wheels 2nd hand for 500, you'll just spend the other 500 on a flat-bottom lol theres no end to it
    Haha thats a perfect example! And there is no end
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  29. #28
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    yea but thats really just brainwash, because if you had 1k to spend and you got your BBS wheels 2nd hand for 500, you'll just spend the other 500 on a flat-bottom lol theres no end to it
    haha i wil agree with that till a point, it also all depends how far you want to take the modding of the car, i freely admit, when i got the car i wasnt going to touch it, but after some reading i changed my mind & have a very clear path that i want the car to go & what i need to do to make it work, unfortunately as ive chosen the performance route, means there is a lot to do, ok i have done a few cosmetic things... ok 2, the tt vents & the rear lights, i also want to do the wheels, but quite like the idea of having a car that looks standard and then will shock, which is why im tempted to get my BBK callipers redone in black so they have more of an OEM look (and have just proved your point about not stopping spending)... ill get my coat
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  30. #29
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    As smoothie said very addictive and expensive. I personal couldnt keep a car standard, I'd have to add my own little touch and i enjoy it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Haha thats a perfect example! And there is no end
    why are we always agreeing? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    haha i wil agree with that till a point, it also all depends how far you want to take the modding of the car, i freely admit, when i got the car i wasnt going to touch it, but after some reading i changed my mind & have a very clear path that i want the car to go & what i need to do to make it work, unfortunately as ive chosen the performance route, means there is a lot to do, ok i have done a few cosmetic things... ok 2, the tt vents & the rear lights, i also want to do the wheels, but quite like the idea of having a car that looks standard and then will shock, which is why im tempted to get my BBK callipers redone in black so they have more of an OEM look (and have just proved your point about not stopping spending)... ill get my coat
    haha
    Last edited by Smoothie; 8th January 2011 at 13:20.
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  31. #30
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    haha i wil agree with that till a point, it also all depends how far you want to take the modding of the car, i freely admit, when i got the car i wasnt going to touch it, but after some reading i changed my mind & have a very clear path that i want the car to go & what i need to do to make it work, unfortunately as ive chosen the performance route, means there is a lot to do, ok i have done a few cosmetic things... ok 2, the tt vents & the rear lights, i also want to do the wheels, but quite like the idea of having a car that looks standard and then will shock, which is why im tempted to get my BBK callipers redone in black so they have more of an OEM look (and have just proved your point about not stopping spending)... ill get my coat
    I was the same got my car wasnt going to do nothing and then all that changed ha. There an S3 by me looks standard besides MTM alloys and badge (not lowered) and as soon as he puts his foot down the cars gone! Agree you with go down the black route for the brakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    why are we always agreeing? lol
    Great minds think a like lol!
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  32. #31
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    I was the same got my car wasnt going to do nothing and then all that changed ha. There an S3 by me looks standard besides MTM alloys and badge (not lowered) and as soon as he puts his foot down the cars gone! Agree you with go down the black route for the brakes
    the mtm's are good! still prefer the sportec's tho... one day maybe!
    never been in an mtm tuned car, wonder what they are like... come the BKKM we will have to go for a spin in mine, show you what an evolve map is like by then my brakes (roll on thursday!!) will be on and my new clutch should be nicely bedded in as well, no more slipping!!
    yea am very tempted to go black... tho want to see what you white ones look like first
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

  33. #32
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleman View Post
    the mtm's are good! still prefer the sportec's tho... one day maybe!
    never been in an mtm tuned car, wonder what they are like... come the BKKM we will have to go for a spin in mine, show you what an evolve map is like by then my brakes (roll on thursday!!) will be on and my new clutch should be nicely bedded in as well, no more slipping!!
    yea am very tempted to go black... tho want to see what you white ones look like first
    I've never been in an mtm car i've just seen this guy put his foot down and he gone lol!
    Yeah defo need to go for a spin in your car when your down mate. haha bet you cant wait to get those brakes on and the clutch nice bedded no slipping and more fun for you lol!
    Well i hope mine are on by then, while my mate was away some one broke into his garage and stole all his car parts and my s3 front hubs So at the moment im trying to find new hubs
    My just sell my brakes had them since November and there still not on. Just get another set of oem brakes
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  34. #33
    jungleman's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    2,051
    yea they are meant to be pretty good maps, when i was at the dealers last week they had a customers mtm rs6 sat in the car park, and they said it was an absolute rocket ship!
    yea the brakes will get a good going over when they are fitted, just hope its dry on the drive home so can see what they are like
    the clutch is really needed, was out driving last night blowing some steam off as the gf decided she didnt want to be with me any more, and it just wasnt holding the power, so now going to have to nurse it till its fixed
    oh your joking mate!! what a c**t!!! there has got to be some written off ones out there somewhere, ill do a bit of hunting around as well if you want,
    na you cant give up on them, you will fins some somewhere
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

    Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

    To Do list: Now that would be telling




    PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO