Dealer mark up / discount on used S3's

loftusrich

Reaction score
Currently looking at used S3's at a couple of dealers but as expected the offered part ex of my 350z is woeful. I am probably £1500 away from where I want to be to change. Any thoughts on what I am liable to be able to get off either the price or increased part ex?

Rich

As a generalisation you should look for £1-2k off list price with no px . or base trade price on any px.

guess it all depends on how badly they need the sale and the time of the month, when i got mine i got a grand trade in my old car... even tho a good private sale would have been 6-700 and i got from memory about 13% off list price

guess it all depends on how badly they need the sale and the time of the month, when i got mine i got a grand trade in my old car... even tho a good private sale would have been 6-700 and i got from memory about 13% off list price

what did you used to drive lol - obviously the S3 was more than just a cut above LOL

you live in Teesside? i bought my 2.0T from there 2nd hand - lemme find the name of the salesman. if i refer you maybe he'll give you a better price.

haha yea was deff more then a cut above
it was a 12 year old alfa... miss that car :(

Easy. Sell the Z privately. And then try again.

Sell the Z and go in with 'cash'. I am looking for a used 8P S3 and will be expecting a decent discount for no P/X, current financial climate etc.

Dave

Last edited:
Easy. Sell the Z privately. And then try again.

Agree.
I alway do this and have always ended up significantly better off on the deal. I sold my last car for 2k more than best p/x price offerred and bought the S3 without p/x. Its a bit more hassle but worth the 2k in my pocket.

Good luck
Paul

Sell the Z and go in with 'cash'. I am looking for a used 8L S3 and will be expecting a decent discount for no P/X, current financial climate etc.

Dave

8L... Isn't this the 8P section.... if you want an 8L ignore my earlier post!!

Doesn't his logic still apply to the OP's question?.

Doesn't his logic still apply to the OP's question?.

It does but only to a degree. The prices of 8L will be far more sensitive to condition and originality than the newer 8P which at an Audi dealer are most likely to be straight and unmollested.