New MMI Touch to debut in A3 in the next few years

Looks good but i'm bettig it will be serious £££

Nice, sounds very cool. I would defo have it.

The question is who will be the first to retro fit it?

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

I can't find it exciting...sorry. Why should I pay so much money for equipment that is not technologically advanced against competition? I mean, ok, having OE equipment in the car instead of aftermarket is nice, but how is nice translated into hundreds of pounds? "Next few years" doesn't get me all that excited either.

Im liking that :icon_thumright:

oi lovely. now i know what to do with my unused hand.

Its nice but lets be honest, it will be old hat when in the A3 as its been in the A8 already, but certainly serious dough for that system without a doubt, I suspect it will also change to a subscription update model too.

The cost is going to indeed be the killer if you consider how much the RNE-E is!

Does look nice, I'll help Nigel work out the retrofit LOL

dont get it why Audi are so far behind... my mate works for Toyota and theyve had touchscreen MMI's for like 3 years apparently...

dont get it why Audi are so far behind... my mate works for Toyota and theyve had touchscreen MMI's for like 3 years apparently...

But not with graphics from Nvidia....

Nvidia graphics tbh arent reliable, drivers for pc's are tbh shockingly ***** & have been for a while now, I personally dont like the idea of nvidia in my car.

There will be no retrofitting As this system will be on the next generation Audi A3.......So it's a No go Until the brand new Audi a3 comes out.... Plus the Whole dash Board will be different!:blush:

Last edited:
There will be no retrofitting As this system will be on the next generation Audi A3.......So it's a No go Until the brand new Audi a3 comes out.... Plus the Whole dash Board will be different!:blush:

Aye, we know - I was just winding up Nigel, I have a knack of showing things that will cost him money LOL

Never ever say NO to anything like this, someone somewhere will do it which if anything forums have shown us all whats possible.

what does this meaqn? MMI is an audi product. But if you mean touchscren nav, those are for low end navs where they skipped out completely on the mechanical human interface and leave the software to implement whatever they see fit.

Its like saying wouldn't it be great to have all the night oriented controls such as high beam, light control, infrared vision, etc in front of the driver when driving in the dark and snow related controls in snow driving, like 2nd gear starts, esp off, shift between drive and reverse, etc. and sport mode where suspension damping, esp, gear switching, etc. But in doing so, they put a giant touchscreen in front of the driver with all those controls that dynamically changes, along with a virtual steering wheel. heck, the steering wheel could even be changed to a race wheel when sport mode is selected. It sounds cool conceptually, but in reality, it would be a nightmare.

Technology is moving too quick for the car industry. As soon as something has been sorted and adapted to work in a car, the game moves on!

my mates got a 54 passat with OEM nav and its laughable, tiny screen, cant see it very well in the sun, take about an hour to put in half a postcode. TomTom absolutely owns it and thats in just 5 years.

look at Dab radios too, how long they been out for the home, must be 8 years now at least and only now are they starting to appear in cars.