4dr MKV coilovers fit A3?

~RS~

Reaction score
Been offered a set of coils 55mm strut same as my A3's, but they're off a MKV golf TDi - kerb weights are within similar, also I know certain springs are listed as being compatible with a few VAG cars too. I've been told that they will fit but just wanted a second opinion on whether there will be any issues... Most other bits are transferable between the VAG range so maybe he's right??

Any help guys?

Last edited:
Will fit ok, I used to have h&r cup kit from a mkv golf fitted to my sportback with NO probs

Cheers mate, that post might have saved me a few hundred £ :)

they should be fine as long as they are both FWD, dont think there is a difference between 3&5 door, could always be worth pm'ing damien at DPM, hes been really helpful with stuff like this before

Double check that spring loads are the same as I think DSG boxes might be heavier than a manual!!!!!!!!
PM sent

Double check that spring loads are the same as I think DSG boxes might be heavier than a manual!!!!!!!!
PM sent

I looked into this and yes TDI+DSG = one heavy front end! Defo worth considering as most of the good manufacturers list different rates for just spring kits between petrol/TDI. The cheaper ones dont so whether its a major issue or not is anyones guess!