Whats your plans with your car for 2011

Ash B

Reaction score
Well saw some of the other section started a thread like this. So was interested in seeing what the 8P lads & girls got planned for their pride and joys?:happy: Any cool mods or any one planning on selling there car and getting a different make and model?

dumbos and RNS-E 2010 with BT and AMI

but planning on selling up whilst the car is still in warranty and getting something else - an A5 3.0TDI if i have my way

Wheel refurb.
Maybe exterior paint detail.

Maybe change it altogether!

alll i can say is POWEERRRRRRRRRR... in both accelerating & braking... have to keep your eyes on this space!

My plan is to stop spending money on it!!

Might sell up actually. Let's see or else il be getting some lovely rims.

1. Stop moaning & get used to the CAI noises (or box it all in) while enjoying the oodles of extra torque of stage 2.

2. Try to leave the car alone and stop thinking I need to get an HPFP...

3. Go on then - maybe a paint touch up to tidy up all the stone chips.

the only way to do thats is to stop reading this forum!

It's like ****** drugs! I'm just chasing that first hit again - I keep wanting to spend more money on the HPFP, fuel rails etc etc & I'm getting less back than my first stage 1 remap hit. :sadlike:

Allegedly...:whistle2:

hope that revo will come my way.

My car is booked in to be remapped on the 15th Jan so am looking forward to that, possibly some MY 09 rear lights.

get my single frame front conversion done , new wheels and some carbon fibre goodies and maybe get my roof done in gloss black vinyl

Loving it, cleaning it, Polishing it.... nothing else....

nice i love a5 3.0tdi's they are so nice to drive we have a s-line 3.0tdi quattro convertable in work and i had to pick it up from bridgend audi before xmas very nice car

lol i had a good giggle at that comment

+1

in response to PaulAr's comment i'm interested to know what the new A3's gonna be like - maybe i'll wait until spy shots come out this year before making a firm decision on what to swap to.

If the funds are available (doubt it):

1. MTM Bimoto 19'' alloys fitted refurbished in satin black
2. Milltek
3. Buckets (Think that's on most of our lists though, and unlikely to happen)
4. A much needed detail

+1

in response to PaulAr's comment i'm interested to know what the new A3's gonna be like - maybe i'll wait until spy shots come out this year before making a firm decision on what to swap to.

Same here.
Either hold on to the S3 or get something in between, maybe scratch the EVO X itch and keep for 12-18months.

nice i love a5 3.0tdi's they are so nice to drive we have a s-line 3.0tdi quattro convertable in work and i had to pick it up from bridgend audi before xmas very nice car

First derv Ive driven that I liked. Nice car, impressive engine.

cheers
Paul

ive got to be fair its prob one of the smoothest tdi engines in the world what a peach of an engine i would love to have one

Thought about selling up, but not so sure now anything i think about changing to will be a upgrade in car and although i could afford the change i'm not crazy about the idea more insurance, more tax

and lets not forget any mods to the new car lol so il be keeping the A3 for now

09 s line rear bumper fitted ( just bought for £31 bargain complete with diffuser)
s3 pedals
New rims
FBMFSW
Remap
then see what funds i have left for anything else lol

THE best rims for the A3 IMO, set just gone up for sale on VAGOC.
Sell a kidney and get them.

I agree, I would love the chance to get a set now but there's no chance, trying to pay the car off first. Once that happens, I can start putting my hand in my pocket and spend the money on the car, rather than paying it off

Well if i dont change it, the plans are a sachs uprated clutch, uprated fuel pump and then revo stage 2+. That should do it lol

To finally buy an A3 seen as I'm now in a secure job!

What about you Ash?

Last edited:
nice cars they are i had a drive of one just after they came out i was very impressed with the gearbox

Yeah, I was a paddle shift sceptic until I drove an FQ330 SST.
The one to have IMO.

That said, not particularly much quicker than a Stage 1 S3 (in a straight line) but an excellent drive.

One of the reasons for not going stage 2+ this year, Im also on my 2nd OEM clutch and dont fancy the hassle and cost of a 3rd clutch on a car thats only done 30k miles!!

Just some TLC and wheel furb in hyper silver

cheers
Paul

Were do I begin...

Full retrim with new front seats
New grill
S3 side skirts
S3 rear valance
Fit 09 lights
Going in the body shop for new bonnet and tidy up
Fit my refurbed A8 BBS splits
And a few other oem mods

Think it's just S3 pedals for mine... Everything else is nice the way it is :yes:

Yeah, I was a paddle shift sceptic until I drove an FQ330 SST.
The one to have IMO.

That said, not particularly much quicker than a Stage 1 S3 (in a straight line) but an excellent drive.

One of the reasons for not going stage 2+ this year, Im also on my 2nd OEM clutch and dont fancy the hassle and cost of a 3rd clutch on a car thats only done 30k miles!!

Just some TLC and wheel furb in hyper silver

cheers
Paul
i had a go in a fq300 sst i was impressed enough a few years back i had a go in a evo 6 tommy mack edition tuned to 450bhp that was a monster so fast off the line nothing ive driven has compared to it lol , have you thought of getting an uprated clutch as the oem ones arent lasting too long