AWE Catback + Downpipe on 1.8TFSI

muktlee

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 2010 A3 1.8t.

Are there any downsides in fitting a AWE Catback + / - the Downpipe designed for 2.0TFSI on a 1.8TFSI?

Sorry for the noob question guys~

Would anyone also be able to advise on any other exhaust mods for the 1.8t i.e. miltek?

Thank you very much. Tried to ask on my local city forums but their damn arrogant.

Does the AWE Catback mean the removal of the catalytic converter. If so how long do you intend to keep your car because there is every chance it will not pass an MOT in two years time without the catalyic converter.

Certainly if you ever consider taking your car to Germany it would not be allowed to enter most of the main cities because it would not be able to gain a Level 4 Umwelt sticker. This is a requirement for the main cities and can only be obtained on a petrol engined car if it is fitted with a catalytic convertor.

I live in Hong Kong.

I'm not really sure whether or not the catayic converter will have to be removed.
I just know I'm looking currently at the AWE Catback exhaust, and i read somehwere that the downpipe will have to be installed as well in order for it to fit on a 1.8TFSI.

Is there a less complicated solution to upgrade from stock exhaust?